Weekends

Options
Does anyone else struggling maintaining the same eating routine over the weekend since the days are not your typical working day???

Any help or suggestions on what you do would be awesome.

Replies

• chante03
    Options
    Week-ends can be deadly! Try doing your physical work out as early as possible sometimes that helps keep your appetite down...too don't forget to keep pushing water...it helps to make you feel full. Talk to your friends and family...stress the fact that you are trying to lose weight and would prefer not always eating out...or grabbing food on the run.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    A week's worth of diligence can be entirely undone on a single Saturday night at the bar.

I suggest coming up with a different meal plan for weekends that takes into account your usual weekend routine. If you go to the gym in the mornings instead of the evenings, you may want to shift when you eat your carbs. If you typically go out on the town and have a few drinks, you may want to allow more room in your calorie intake earlier in the day to allow for those alcohol calories. If you replace breakfast and lunch with brunch, plan it that way.

The trick is to make your food work for YOU, not to be a slave to your diet.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else struggling maintaining the same eating routine over the weekend since the days are not your typical working day???

Any help or suggestions on what you do would be awesome.

Absolutely. I eat much less calories during the week than on the weekends. I stopped trying to change this. Now, I purposely eat as light as possible while still feeling satisfied during the week. I have much better success this way.
  • bug1114
    bug1114 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yes!! I eat the exact same thing throughout the week, but when the weekend comes, I am out of food and then I wind up eating badly. I need to plan better for the weekends.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite, I eat much less on the weekends. I sit at my desk during the week so it can turn into snack haven but on the weekends at home, I am constantly doing something lol
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Plan for your weekends ahead of time to make sure you have enough calories for the foods you would like to eat. Save or earn calories during the week to use on the weekends. It’s alright to balance your calories for the week.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have gotten into the habit of having VERY active Saturdays and also eating a lot more (including much more indulgent foods) on Saturdays. Friday nights are "normal" and then Sunday is also normal, if not a bit healthier than my typical M-F work week eating habits. It all seems to work out well and I suppose some might call Sat my "cheat day" although I don't really subscribe to that line of thinking and I continue to log all of the food and all of the exercise. This Saturday for example, I did a lot of walking & cleaning (hours worth) and managed to fit in huevos con chorizo for brunch plus a huge Thai meal and a mini DQ blizzard. I wouldn't eat all of that in a normal day but on Saturday it is pretty typical (even more so in the warmer months when there's a ton of hiking and/or biking involved).

For me the key is not letting it become a 3-day free for all of food & alcohol Friday evening through Sunday night. That wouldn't work out.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    For me, it doesn't seem to make much difference, but I tend to do most of my snacking in the evening. The nice thing about weekends is that I usually have more opportunities to exercise.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I try to plan one meal on either Saturday or Sunday (typically Saturday) that I consider a "cheatish" type of meal. I make sure the rest of the day calories will allow that.

Weekends can be very hard!
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do! We tend to eat out on the weekend. I decided to start cooking on the weekends and keeping healthy snacks on hand.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My key for weekends is keeping busy. I do well for actual meals- keep them in a decent calorie range and don't eat out often. But when I'm bored and the snacks are at hand, or the kids are having something, its easy to be tempted. So the more time spent out of the house or busy, the better. I have also been working out every Saturday and Sunday in order to provide for that snack or two.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    Saturday and Sunday are big workout days for me and I also tend to be up on my feet and moving around more on the weekends than I am during the week so even with drinking too much beer, etc everything has always netted out.