Smoothies.

Options
kezzzasweet
kezzzasweet Posts: 3 Member
Hi,
I have just purchased a smoothie maker and was looking for some inspiration.
Does anyone have any low calorie, tasty recipes to share please ? xx

Replies

• scsmills
    Options
    1 Banana
    1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
    3/4 Cup Plain or Vanilla Yogurt
    1/4 Cup Milk
  • kezzzasweet
    Options
    Thank you. Will give it a go !! x
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I always start my day with a smoothie. Prepare the ingredients the night before and in the morning pop it in my Magic Bullet. Breakfast is ready in less than five minutes. My basic smoothie starts with a scoop of whey protein isolate (if flavored I use one sweetened with Stevia), 1/2 cup of FF Greek yogurt (Fage is a fav), 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, and 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seeds, then I add 1/2 cup fresh/frozen fruit and 1 1/2 cups of veggies (usually spinach or kale). Today's smoothie was the basic smoothie with 1/2 cup mixed fruit and 1 1/2 cups spinach. If you are saying, "yuck!" to the spinach, you cannot taste the greens at all! Planning a smoothie for dinner too which will a pina colada smoothie. I will use my basic smoothie minus the chia seeds with 1/2 frozen banana, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and a 1/3 cup no sugar added crushed pineapple.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Melted Banana Split Shake
    1 small banana, sliced and frozen if you want the shake very thick
    1 packet Swiss Miss diet hot chocolate
    1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 cup crushed ice
    5 or 6 strawberries
    Blend until smooth. I wish I'd had some walnuts and maybe pineapple chunks, and I bet a teaspoon or so of sugar free maple syrup would be divine. You could use protein powder, yogurt, real milk, whatever you like.
  • Bri1205
    Bri1205 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've tried several of these and they were delicious. Plus, it helps because it gives you the caloric intake for each recipe! :smiley:
    http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-recipes/20-super-healthy-smoothie-recipes?s=1
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love using avocado and mango for a base for a really creamy summer smoothie (I can't have dairy but miss the creaminess badly).

• carolameysenburg
    Options
    I put Kale in mine to add more nutrition and never know it's in there!!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Good breakfast smoothie: 1/2 cup almond milk (or whatever you like), three dates, one frozen banana, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, 2 TBS Quaker oats, 2 ice cubes...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Pinterest is a great place to find smoothie recipes.

Here's a great graphic which gives general smoothie recipe instructions.
  • kugler93
    kugler93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    1cup of regular almond milk 60 cal..
    1/2 a medium banana 70 cal...I think
    1tbsp of all natural peanut butter, mine has flaxseeds as well (if you want to keep the calories really low, leave this out) 90 cal...
    2scoops of chocolate protein powder. I use natures valley vitamin & protein 110 cal...
    Optional: 1/2 cup of raw oats steel or regular 150 cal... ( I don't use oats if I eat fiber cereal)
    A couple ice cubes and blend smooth

I have one of these almost every morning with half a cup of fiber cereal
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I always start my day with a protein smoothie but I did do a little change up this morning. It's cold and drizzly here and I really wanted a hot drink. So I made myself a Protein Latte.
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Designer Whey)
    8 oz. coffee
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    A few drops of Sweet Leaf Vanilla Crème Stevia.
    In a coffee cup heat almond milk in microwave until warm but not boiling. Stir in protein powder until completed dissolved/blended. Add 8oz. coffee and stir thoroughly. Sweeten to taste with any flavor stevia liquid (used vanilla crème). Stats: 110cal, fat 4g, fiber 5g, sugar 1g, and protein 16g
  • kezzzasweet
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions. Made a couple so far and surprised how filling they were. Just need to get a little braver with the ingredients :) xx
  • Nychole20
    Nychole20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    big Handful of spinach
    Two handful blueberries
    A banana
    Add whatever other fruit you want to fill up the mixer strawberries, mango i prefer
    1/3 cup greek yogurt
    Scoop of protien powder
    1.5 cup or a bit more of a juice or water
    Soo yummy