My first week

Options
my first week and we'll it's not gone as well as I thought my scales say ive gained but I've been good so can't understand !

Replies

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing/measuring all the food you're eating?

Have you started a new workout regime? Water retention can happen during a new program.

Have you weighed/measured yourself at the same time of day?!
  • liesajayne
    Options
    Hi I am disabled and I am trying different things to do such as wii boxing and some steps but can't do many steps and it's my legs what are bad, I haven't weighed my foods as such as im a carer and its sometimes hard to look after my mother in law so it's just grab something
  • liesajayne
    Options
    I also haven't measured myself yet but will be doing at the end of the week also I have been weighing in a morning
  • alyci
    alyci Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Even if you just grab something write it down and look it up later. Also weight can fluctuate day to day depending on when you stepped on the scale. It can be water weight, clothing or simply time of day. I would suggest sticking with the plan for at least a month to give your body time to adjust. If you still are not seeing a change look at your food first along with your water.
  • liesajayne
    Options
    alyci wrote: »
    Even if you just grab something write it down and look it up later. Also weight can fluctuate day to day depending on when you stepped on the scale. It can be water weight, clothing or simply time of day. I would suggest sticking with the plan for at least a month to give your body time to adjust. If you still are not seeing a change look at your food first along with your water.

• liesajayne
    Options
    Ok thankyou I usually do write everything down
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    liesajayne wrote: »
    Hi I am disabled and I am trying different things to do such as wii boxing and some steps but can't do many steps and it's my legs what are bad, I haven't weighed my foods as such as im a carer and its sometimes hard to look after my mother in law so it's just grab something

You have to buy a food scale. I have 3 kids and a disabled mom too and I used to think the food scale didn't matter, well, it does. It's made a tremendous difference for me. Even pre-packaged things.

My popcorn, for example, says 2 1/2 cups (28g) = 1 serving at 150 calories.... I weighed it... 28g was barely a cup... so if I had 2 1/2 cups of it, I'd have 375 calories, give or take, as opposed to the 150 I budgeted into my day.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I know it's tough when you're busy but half the battle is making sure you're got plenty of good quick food in the house so you can 'just grab' something healthy.

I eat snacks like bananas or other fruit, a small bag of 'lite' crisps, a low cal muesli bar, low cal yoghurt pot. I aim for a maximum of about 120 - 130 cal in my snacks.

Also, make sure you keep drinking plenty of water.

And try not to fit in regular snacks or big enough meals so that you don't get starving hungry and make bad choices.

Also I think you really do need to find 10 min a day to log all your food and water. I've been doing this off and on for years and I know that unless I'm logging everything, I don't lose.

Best of luck with it!
  • liesajayne
    Options
    Thankyou so much for all your advice I am currently filling in my dairy so it shod help but will certainly be weighing my foods better