Do you log every weigh-in, even when it's not on your schedu

Options
I do! I never used to until I weighed myself on a "non-weigh-in" day and found that I was down however much. I was so happy! Then when it came to my actual weigh-in day, that number that made me happy was gone. It was then that I decided that I would schedule myself a weigh-in day so that I was at least weighing myself once a week. Though, if I happened to weigh myself any other day and found that I was down, I would log it to make it "real". I know that sounds silly but it's a mental thing that I've learned works wonders with me. Because I know, that once I hit "save changes", I can not, and will not go back over the number that I just entered.

What's helping you out?

I like to hear other people's "tricks" and see how they work out. Because as we all know, weight loss isn't just physical, it's just as much mental and emotional.

Good luck to everyone!!!!:happy:

Replies

• djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    Ugh since I started MFP I've been weighing myself every morning before I shower but I don't log it in since it's been fluctuating 1-2lbs I made my official weigh day on Friday only but I only log it if it's 1lbs or more gone than the week before.
  • mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't have an official weigh-in day, I weigh myself every day. If the number goes down, I log it; if it goes up, I don't. This way I can see how long there is between downs, which motivates me to work hard every day to get the number down or more inches lost.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I only log on MFP the losses, tho. I also keep a spreadsheet, and the weekly weights help me calculate average weight lost. I don't know why I'm obsessed with the average weight lost.

If I go on vacation and plan to cheat and am, of course, up afterward, I'll track that gain. But I don't track my gains as a general rule.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have to weigh the same weight for 2 days or I can weigh slightly less the 2nd day before I log the weight loss from day 1. If it isn't maintained for two days meaning I gain..it doesn't get logged.
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I don't log unless I've lost. I don't see a point :/
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before my workout. When there is a drop for a couple of days then I post that loss.
  • jessie580
    jessie580 Posts: 87
    Options
    my weigh in is friday mornings

I weigh myself a couple times a week if I am in the mood and I do log it - I haven't gained yet but I like it to be logged so I know if I am doing something right, doing something wrong and need to kick it up, or whatever...
  • TiffanyW1014
    TiffanyW1014 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I was logging every morning with what ever the number said but now I still weigh every mornin but only log the losses!!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    My weigh-in day is Tuesday.. I have found that "peeking" doesnt end well for me..

I have also given up the scale (the whole month of February and for the entire Lenten season), and that yielded pretty decent losses for me..
  • marielw
    marielw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most mornings before breakfast, but i only log it if i have lost from my last logged weight. My weight tends to go up and down quite a lot. At the moment my last logged weight is 169.4, but this morning i was 171. It will probably go up and down between 169.4 and 171 for a couple of weeks and then hopefully go under 169.4 - it always tends to follow this pattern.

I wish i could give up the scales and just weigh monthly, but i'm scared that i will put on weight without realising - at least this way i am keeping a track on it.
    :smile: