My "It's Monday, but it's ok" NSV

Options
My NSV for today - being as I had a super crappy weekend (we won't even go there....) and me being an instant gratification person, I knew if I stepped on the scale this morning, it would only make me feel worse. Soooooooooo I skipped the scale....I had to go do a vendor risk assessment this morning (going to a potential vendor and evaluating them for food safety protocols). I haven't worn my "dressy clothes" since my last travel trip to Chicago back in November. I wear a uniform at work, so I mostly just come to work in sweats and a shirt and change out when I get here, unless I am going somewhere afterwards and I wear jeans and a shirt. It's freezing here, so I wore tights under my pants. Hmmm...those are a lil big. Put on the pants. I feel like Steve Urkel and unfortunately, I don't own a dress belt - have never needed one. Luckily I wore heels, so I didn't keep stepping on the pants, but I alternated between Urkel and MC Hammer as I did the inspection. That made me feel 100% better. :)

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Clothing NSVs are sometimes way better than scale weight. Way to go! Also, sounds like you need to pay a visit to the seamstress. Or go shopping.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Yes, I think a seamstress is in order. Going to wait another month - then I can take all 4 of my new pairs of pants I just bought in September and have them all done at once. My busy travel time will start then and I really don't want to go get new stuff when I have some I haven't worn yet!
  • HfxJMac
    HfxJMac Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You're awesome! That's hilarious - "Urkel and MC Hammer." Too funny. Congrats, by the way - I know this one, too, and it's a good NSV for sure.
  • ncwingnut71
    Options
    HfxJMac wrote: »
    You're awesome! That's hilarious - "Urkel and MC Hammer." Too funny. Congrats, by the way - I know this one, too, and it's a good NSV for sure.

Thanks! It's the first time I've had one like this, so a big thing for me. All I could think about was Urkel and Hammer - made the inspection go by quicker, lol.

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    That is great! I love that feeling as well.

Oh and thank you now I am singing "Can't Touch This" HAA
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, as I was running a little behind schedule this morning, I went for a simple black fit-n-flare dress that once I got to work I realized is more like a droop-n-hang dress.

Over the weekend I dropped off some clothing to a local charity, I guess it is time to start collecting again.
  • ncwingnut71
    Options
    That is great! I love that feeling as well.

Oh and thank you now I am singing "Can't Touch This" HAA

That's gone through my head several times today! LOL!! Great thing for a Monday.

• ncwingnut71
    Options
    Adc7225 wrote: »
    I know the feeling, as I was running a little behind schedule this morning, I went for a simple black fit-n-flare dress that once I got to work I realized is more like a droop-n-hang dress.

Over the weekend I dropped off some clothing to a local charity, I guess it is time to start collecting again.

HA! Congrats to you!! I actually just did a big clean out of my dresser, but not my closet yet - gonna wait just a little longer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!