New here!! Hello!!

Options
I'm Debra. Currently at 240 lbs. short term goal is
Long term goal is 160-170.
Hit me up. Let's chat. I need help with motivation to keep me going like anyone else!! :)

Replies

• djlbmiller12
    djlbmiller12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new here too. Didn't even figure out how to introduce myself yet! I need lots of help and motivation. My husband says he loves me but I feel disgusting. Have about 132 lbs to loose. Lets go us!
  • debrahudson91
    Options
    That's your first mistake, sweetie! Don't feel disgusting about yourself! Feel confident in the way you look! Think of this as improving how amazing you already look!! :) good luck!!
  • djlbmiller12
    djlbmiller12 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch. That makes me feel good already. Need little boosts like that. I have a long way to go. It's going to be a long journey. R u going to exercise today?
  • charliegd1
    Options
    Hello!
    I started in September so I am relatively new too. I come from a big family. I am #7 out of 8 children. I have lost and gained a lot of pounds over the years, but this time I have a different motivation. My oldest brother almost died last year. He was overweight. On top of heart disease and diabetes he had a stroke. I started thinking about my parents. My Dad had adult onset diabetes and died of heart failure and my Mom had a massive heart attack. Another brother lost a tor due to diabetes. I figured my odds are not good. If I get older and develop diabetes it will be my own fault if I don t start to make some changes now.
    I set a simple goal of losing a pound a week. I also think that I will always use this app to track what I eat. I don't have a scale at home so I don't know how much weight I have lost, but my clothes are really getting loose. I am going to have to buy a smaller size.
    My fear of weight related diseases and actually seeing their effects on my parents and brothers has really motivated me. Some days are better than others but I keep looking at the long term goal of better health
    Hope this motivate you to never give up!