Please can someone help me understand how many calories I should be taking in?

Options
So I weigh a horrible 82.6kg :( I dont have a clue what my daily calorie intake should be to lose the excess fat? Any tips? I'm south asian so I love my tasty foods so can any one provide me with any top tips in terms of what i could eat? And exercising tips too as I dont have much time!

I need to lose a kilo a week or more, if that is possible? thanks :smile:

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    did you put your stats and other information (including your weight loss goals) into this calculator...because this calculator will calculate exactly what you're asking.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    did you put your stats and other information (including your weight loss goals) into this calculator...because this calculator will calculate exactly what you're asking.

Yes, that's my question too. Go to this page: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals

At the bottom, click the "Change Goals" button, then choose the "Guided" option and answer the questions. MFP will estimate your caloric needs and then give you a daily calorie target based on your weight loss goal.

Some people find that they don't lose weight as quickly as they wanted (or at all). That's usually due to one of a handful of problems: (1) they overestimated their activity level, (2) they overestimate calorie burn from exercise, or (3) they underestimate calories eaten, either because they don't log everything or because they rely on their eyes to judge quantities, instead of weighing solids and measuring liquids.

A very small number of people have metabolic disorders that mean that they burn fewer calories than MFP estimates, but most of the people who think that they are in this category are really fooling themselves. :D