Protein Shake Information Overload!

Options
ANewton401
ANewton401 Posts: 118 Member
I have officially reached Google overload!!! For three days I heave searched MFP forums and the internet for the perfect Protein powder for me, but alas, all I have found is a headache! Hoping some protein powerhouse MFPs can give me some direction! Event though I do not "know" any of you, I trust you more than the people on the internet! Here is what I am looking for:

1. Vanilla Protein powder
2. No chalky taste
3. Delicious
4.Low carb/sugar

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    Are you from the Midwest? I am just curious, because my local grocery store (Meijer, which is only in the Midwest area) sells a vanilla whey protein that is actually very good and very cheap!!

Calories Fat Carbs Protein Sodium
    110 1.5g 4g 20g 75mg

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/meijer/whey-protein/#ixzz1LUyCaRj7
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Try Pure Protein or Jay Robb.
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    bump
  • pmorrison101
    Options
    Syntha 6 Vanilla Ice Cream......mixes well with water....tastes great.....or you can mix with fat free milk and add frozen fruit for a smoothy. One serving with water has 200 calories.........
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Try one of these...personally I'd recommend the Optimum Nutrition.

GNC AMP 60 Whey
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey

I'd recommend buying the Optimum Nutrition at www.bodybuilding.com or www.allstarhealth.com
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC Pro Performance French Vanilla.

It mixes equally well with milk or Water and tastes great.

1G Carb / Serving and 40g protein.

I generally mix with milk post-workout so I get the carbs from the milk, but additionally will use as a supplement mid-day for an additional protein serving
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I love Syntrax Nectuar Whey Protein Powders. You can use water to mix them. I love the fuzzy navel. They have vanilla and a whole bunch of other flavors.

http://www.si03.com/reg_index.htm

1 scoop = 90 calories
    Fat 0
    sodium 60mg
    potassium 120mg
    carbs 0
    sugars 0
    protein 23g
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    syntha 6 tastes great but is gonna be higher in sugar and cals.

scivation is great/low cal but not the best taste.

*****optimum nutrition gold standard whey is a good one all around.****
    Can't go wrong with ON ^^

gnc is gonna be overpriced.
  • GinaSmash
    GinaSmash Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like the Body Fortress Whey Protein Powder. I can get it at Walmart for $16-$17 for a 2lb tub.

http://www.bodyfortress.com/
  • C00ki3M0nst3r
    Options
    I use GNC Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein (vanilla flavor). It has 4g of carbs and 2g of sugar. As far as taste, I'm not sure how it taste if prepared according to their directions, which is one scoop of mix with water. I don't know how tolerable it would be with water. I'd replace the water with milk.

I usually make mine with a scoop of protein powder, one banana, a dash of cinnamon, about a half cup of ice cubes and a half cup of milk (I use 1% or 2% milk) and blend it all together in a blender; the outcome result is a tasty protein shake :-D

If you just use the mix it's 120 calories plus how ever many calories the milk has. My calorie count for the way I make it comes to 261 calories.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options

Supplement Kingdom baby! Super cheap.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I find that the BEST is by Dymatize. I drink it 1-2x a day!

http://www26.netrition.com/dymatize_elite_whey_protein.html

They have TONS of flavors. That netrition website is the BEST for prices and cheap shipping.

The powder is 114 cals, 2 carb, 0 sugar and 24 protein, 50 sodium. Can't beat it! =)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    ^^I've heard great things about dymatize as well.
    yet to try it. it's next on my list actually
  • C00ki3M0nst3r
    Options

Supplement Kingdom baby! Super cheap.

Price is also dependent on what size tub you get. (e.g. 2 lb, 5 lb, 6 lb.) I find GNC brand is cheaper than brand name when comparing it to the same size tub. But that's just my opinion.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have officially reached Google overload!!! For three days I heave searched MFP forums and the internet for the perfect Protein powder for me, but alas, all I have found is a headache! Hoping some protein powerhouse MFPs can give me some direction! Event though I do not "know" any of you, I trust you more than the people on the internet! Here is what I am looking for:

1. Vanilla Protein powder
    2. No chalky taste
    3. Delicious
    4.Low carb/sugar

Any help is appreciated!

If you go to any suppliment store they will help you choose a protein powder based on your needs.
    However that being said, Jillian Michael's protein powders would fit your needs & taste good... you can get them at wamart & i think shoppers drugmart.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Try one of these...personally I'd recommend the Optimum Nutrition.

GNC AMP 60 Whey
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey

I'd recommend buying the Optimum Nutrition at www.bodybuilding.com or www.allstarhealth.com

the AMP vanilla is probably the grossest protein powder i've ever tasted

stick with Gaspari Myofusion or Optimum
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just tried Tera's Whey Protein from Whole Foods. Pricey but supposedly organic, etc. I tried blueberry flavor and it was good

Next, i might try chocolate they have
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    i use GNC pro performance whey..im not a big fan of vanillia so i use the strawberry
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I know it wont fit the Vanilla request, but the ABSOLUTE best tasting protein shake is by FAR SHAKEOLOGY (chocolate)! It has NO chalky taste, hit on the "low glycemic index" and has over 70 ingredients from all over the world! It is no joke and if you have ever know anyone who uses it they will tell you how great it tastes and makes you feel. No caffeine, no jittery stimulant, gluten free, and more than the protein there are probiotics and just tons of good stuff. It's a meal and worth every single penny in MY EXPERIENCE. :)

If you have ANY questions please feel free to ask me and I will be happy to reply!
    stephfilako@yahoo.com

I use it everyday!

Steph
  • InfamousQ
    InfamousQ Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is what I am using right now and it is the cheapest I have found it so far I love it and it does not have a bad taste...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/platinum-hydrobuilder.html