5'6" ladies how many calories do you eat to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• trianglevision
    trianglevision Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Woah according to the scoobyworkshop I need to eat 1900 calories a day to lose weight...that's kind of crazy??

I've been eating way less than that but I don't ever feel super hungry or dizzy or anything.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    5'6 1/2 and 33 years old. My TDEE is about 2350 net. I eat back 1/2 my exercise calories. So I eat less than 2000 weekly.

However, how much I eat isn't going to help you lose weight. These links will start putting you on the right track though. And with 14-19 pounds to lose, your goal lose should be no more than about a pound a week. Weight loss is not linear so some weeks you may lose 1.5lbs and others .5lbs. Cheat days can un-do your progress if you go over board. If you want to do a higher calorie day, try looking at your weekly average. and make sure you are staying at a deficit.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

Good luck!!
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm on Jenny Craig. They have me on the 1200 calorie menu which usually ranges from 1200 something to 1400 something.
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 46 5ft6.5 and weigh 112. I can easily eat 1700 to lose a pound a week, but Im very active
  • motorola10
    motorola10 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good thread. Really great info being put out!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 yo. I lift weights 4x/wk and do cardio 2-3x/wk. I'm currently 149.5 lbs and plan to lose 10-15 lbs. this year. I eat 2000 4 days a week and 1850 3 days/wk.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 130 lbs and 33 years old. I cut on 2000 cals/day, but I'm very active and lift 4x/week. My body fat % is low, so my metabolism is very active.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and about 5'6". I'll second the Scooby Workshop calculator. I've been using that faithfully for a year and have lost 20 pounds, eating about 1,500-1,600 a day and have not lost muscle at all. In fact, I may have gained a bit in muscle and traded it for fat.

I've still got another 15 or so to go yet, that's going to probably take me another year.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I agree with the link for Scooby, that is what I use as well. I am 5'6, currently 140 lbs, 27 yrs old (nearly 28) and my diary is set to 1700 calories. I just started an internship though which is much less physically demanding than my job was, so that is why my calories are so low (usually I would have it set to about 2000 so I consider 1700 low).
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"/5'7" but a lot heavier than you, currently 209. I've been losing 1.9lbs/week eating 1800-2200/day I usually go dancing 3-4x per week for 1-3 hours.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Woah according to the scoobyworkshop I need to eat 1900 calories a day to lose weight...that's kind of crazy??

I've been eating way less than that but I don't ever feel super hungry or dizzy or anything.

Nope, that's probably about right! :) This is my second go around at weight loss (first time I hit my goal of -55 lbss but I have gained some back due to lifestyle changes). When I first started I ate about 1200 for 2 months, then found the scooby site and increased to 1800 cal and saw a nice decline in weight! :) Sounds weird but sometimes eating more is better and results in a lower weight.
  • LindaFit4Life
    LindaFit4Life Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Maybe give it a week at 1900 calories a day, with your current activity level, and see how much you lose. You are relatively young, so that might be fine for you. If it doesn't work, try decreasing the calories a bit at a time, or increasing your workouts. I'm 5'6", and age 54. About a year ago, I was at my low of 137 lb. My weight has crept up to about 152, and I'm working on getting it down to the low 140s at most. I do cardio 3 to 4 days a week (more in the summer), and weight training 2-3 days. If I keep my calories to around 1500 a day, I can lose 1-2 lb a week. Good luck!
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, about 180lbs and work out 5-7 times a week with a PT. I try to stay at about the 1500 calories a day and not eat back my exercise calories but that is mainly to give me some slack at the weekend when I like a drink.

I have no idea how much I'm losing every week, I suffer incredibly badly from water retention. One night out gave me a 4kg increase so my chart is a bit jagged but generally in the downward direction..... albeit not as quickly as I would like :blush:
  • ebarbour0513
    Options
    Gosh I hope I can be y'alls size one day. I am 5'6 and currently weigh 169. I have big hips and come from a big boned family, so my metabolism is awful. My current goal is 150. My ultimate goal is to be 135-140 though.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and around 185lbs now, trying to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 154lbs. I've always looked like I weigh less than i do for some reason.
    I eat 1500-1600 calories a day, and I generally don't eat back exercise calories. This is what I was doing pre-pregnancy. I'm very active, running round after 3 young kids, working out 5-6 times a week, and when I'm not on maternity leave I'm a teacher, on my feet all day.
  • cleback
    cleback Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If your activity varies, or you're just unsure of how active you really are, might I suggest a fitbit (or another activity tracker)? It takes a lot of the guesswork out of the equation.