Pant sizes loat

Options
i know this has been posted before but I can't fin it and in getting upset. I've lost 38 pounds and lost A HALF PANT SIZE. that'd almost nothing. My friend lost 10 pounds and went from a size 12 to an 8.. Wait what? How's that happening.. Well, how man sizes with how Many pounds have you guys lost? Oops typo loat = lost

Replies

• Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have wondered about this too...I have lost almost 30 pounds and only went down maybe 1 size.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    People lose weight in different places first.Your friend may nave lost that first ten in her belly or butt, thus making her pants too big.
  • Chantelle160
    Chantelle160 Posts: 127
    Options
    I have lost 72 pounds, have gone from a size 16 to a 7. So not sure how the math works out for pounds to size lost.
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I've lost 53 pounds and went from a size 18 to a size 10.....it mostly just depends on your body type. Maybe you don't have much to lose in the hips area??
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    repost ooops
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    14 pounds, two pant sizes. However, I carry most of my weight in my belly and hips, so when I lose, that's where it comes from.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    This has been aggravating me, I've lost 18 lbs and my clothes still fit exactly the same, where I know people who lose 20 and drop 1-2 pants sizes. Very frustrating.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    It all really depends on where you lose the pounds, if you are wide in the hips, if you are tall/short....etc. Ive ranged from 89 lbs - 115lbs and my pants size only ranged from size 0-2. Face, arms, breasts, legs, butt...all have fat but in different amounts. All my fat is located in a little pouch around my waist and mostly in my thighs. When i gain or lose is always in the same place. If you only saw my arms or face, youd think i was a toothpick.
  • msjackson1019
    msjackson1019 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It has everything to do with where you lose weight first. I have lost 27 pounds now and my pants are just now starting to get loose in the legs and hips. In the waist they have been pretty loose for a while. It seems for me wherever I gain weight first is the area it will come off of last. I have always been pear shaped, so I lose most of my weight up top (which sucks!) before my bottom half starts catching up.

One of the blogs I read when I first started really had a good analogy for this issue. If you think of your body as a roll of paper towels, and think of each pound lost as taking one sheet off the roll of paper towels, at first when you take off a pound it isn't going to be all that noticeable. The overall width of the roll of towels isn't going to change much. But, as you get closer to the end of the roll of towels, each towel you take off is going to have a bigger effect on the overall size of the roll because as the roll gets smaller, the towel wraps around it more times. I think the same is true for losing weight. If you are 250 pounds and you lose twenty pounds (8% of your overall body weight), it may not make much of a difference in your measurements, but if you are 150 pounds and you lose 10 pounds (13% of your overall body weight), it could make a much bigger impact.
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I've lost 45 pounds and weht from a lose 24 to a tight 18. That's about a 2.5 sizes. Not much but it's better that nothing. I look at it this way, it means I don't have to constantly buy new clothes everytime I lose 10 pounds! That can get pretty pricy considering I still have about 80 pounds to go!