Zumba

Options
I'm new to it. Find it very challenging. Anyone find it this way when you first begin?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love it. I can't do all the moves, and I must do low impact. The instructor always reminds us to modify it to our own level.

If you love it, keep at it. Get the feet down first then you can add the arms later.
  • Plumbcrazy306
    Options
    I do it at home. I absolutely loved it. That's a great point about feet first- learn the moves that way first!!! Thank you so much. I have about 80 lbs to lose and know I can do this! Thank you for replying!! Have a great night!!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Haven't done it in a while and need to pull my set out. It's a lot of fun in classes too. My trouble is I try to keep up with the young girls and wear myself out quicky, but it is so much fun. In the beginning, just keep going over the first tape to make sure you know the steps before moving to the next one. You can do it!
  • Plumbcrazy306
    Options
    Thanks so much!!!!!! One step at a time!!
  • Tina__T
    Tina__T Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I DIED when I first started Zumba lol!! That was about 6 months ago, now I can take three 60 minute classes a week and be OK :) Stick with it! If it's something you enjoy, you're more apt to do it more often, then once you learn the moves you can up the intensity :)
  • benee16
    benee16 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It is hard in the beginning, then as time goes on you'll find your own pace and what works for you. The beauty of zumba is that you go at your pace regardless of what everyone else is doing. Plus the music makes you want to move. Stick with it and go at your pace.