need a kick up the behind

Options
Feel free to add me i need a boot up the behind did really well last year but since easter i seemed to have went backwards adding on 56 lbs after losing 125lb this time in looking at losing 80lbs can any of you help motovate me and help me along the way please ,46 years of age train 3 to 4 times a week and know exactley what foods work without starving myself to lose weight have a lot of usefull info , aiming for 1 stone at a time next target is 23 stones for me , also got a new fitbit for xmas great little tool to help me out

Replies

• aeslikkyd
    aeslikkyd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You got this Dave!
  • davecando
    davecando Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I know i can win this battle mind over matter Thanks
  • richjones1968
    Options
    Awesome effort to have lost 9 stone!
    We all have our temptations (for me its biscuits and cakes). Whenever you feel like succumbing just focus on how good it felt each time you ticked a stone off and think do I really want this.
    Have you chosen a 10k to aim for? A specific race will help focus your mind and give you a definite goal: If it seems a long way off try one or two 5ks along the way as a measure.
  • mfp1661
    Options
    Dave, I'm not an expert, but you may want to step back and do a bit of a self assessment. I have been battling similar issues, but I read a few articles on WEBMD and found one that led me to an interesting and very helpful article called, "Get Psyched for Fitness". Do a Google search and read this article. I believe it will help you. Also, the helpful WEBMD articles are, "A couch potato gets fit" and "Six steps that can change your life." Hope this information helps you.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    go smart! go strong!
  • LessofBrian
    LessofBrian Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Oh, and because you asked.....4qqn3t6dssuo.jpg
  • davecando
    Options
    Awesome effort to have lost 9 stone! Crikey rich just looked at your profile you are like a machine all the marathons and black belt good going , its a stone at a time with each stone i feel stronger fitter just have to move this first stone now , i have done 10k races many years ago was part of a running club in town,im just to heavy to run now i think i would damage my knees and joints , my aim it to do total warrior event or mens health sooner or later but i need to be under 20 stones to feel good about it, i do moniter my fitness with a heart rate moniter and love doing metabolic training the harder the circut the better for me i have a pt once a week and go to the gym 3 times , mine weakness is after 7pm i seem to be like a hoover in the litchen , when i lost the 9 stone you could not make me eat the wrong foods , food is my weakness just got to keep filling up on natural foods to start the fat melting again, Mtp i will look at the site and see what it reveals , The thing is we all know what todo its just DOING IT mind over matter thanks ladies and gents
  • davecando
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    go smart! go strong!
    Very wise words powefull when i thought about them

• andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    davecando here you go (smack) hope it didn't hurt to much = now get on with it you slacker Lol
  • davecando
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    davecando here you go (smack) hope it didn't hurt to much = now get on with it you slacker Lol
    Cheers i need a smack and a kick now and again , 5 times this week been to the gym back on it now just need to sort me food out and i will be melting like the polar ice cap

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in the stick/boot method of motivation. At least it doesn't work for me. I like carrots. What has your weight loss done for you so far? What are you looking forward to?
  • davecando
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    What has your weight loss done for you so far? What are you looking forward to?
    my weight loss has done wonders when i first started off i was 29.9 stone 6ft4 big lad anyway but far to much weight , i went down to 20 stone in weight i felt fitter healthy better even looked better could exercise more but the biggest diffrence was my heart !! i wear a heart rate moniter for training since i started , the first day i had it on i stood up my heart rate was 120 with a 40 meter walk to the car , now its hard to get it past 120 i would have to be walking at 4.5 mph for a while to get that reading now , my heart rate used to rest at 90 to 95 beats per minute its now 60 i did get it down to 48 when i was 20 stone which is incredible diffrence , i dont have to shop for outsize clothes at 20 stone stuff of the shelf fits me again not right now as i have put on 4 stone but its going to move again, im looking forward to getting to 18 stone and being able to run for 60 minutes without stopping.