NO DIFFERENCE ON THE SCALES

Options
HI, I'M NEW TO THIS SITE. I'VE BEEN EATING RIGHT AND WORKING OUT ON MY TREADMILL SINCE JANUARY 6TH/08 AND NOT LOOSING ANY POUNDS ???? COULD I BE BUILDING MUSCLE AND NOT SHOWING ON THE SCALES...I'M CONFUSED AND LOOSING MOTIVATION...HELP!!!

Replies

• DEBORAHHEN
    DEBORAHHEN Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI, I'M NEW TO THIS SITE. I'VE BEEN EATING RIGHT AND WORKING OUT ON MY TREADMILL SINCE JANUARY 6TH/08 AND NOT LOOSING ANY POUNDS ???? COULD I BE BUILDING MUSCLE AND NOT SHOWING ON THE SCALES...I'M CONFUSED AND LOOSING MOTIVATION...HELP!!!
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it!! yes you probably are gaining muscle. Try taking your measurements I bet you've lost inches!! Really use this site to log what you eat It really shocked me to see the cal count of some of the things I thought were healthy!!! Don't give up!! the important thing is that you are trying!! We are here for you if you need anything just give a shout!! :smile:
  • DEBORAHHEN
    DEBORAHHEN Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    THANKS SO MUCH, I WILL TAKE MY MEASUREMENTS AND SEE IF I AM LOOSING...THANKS AGAIN.
    1200 CALORIES SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF FOOD TO EAT IN ONE DAY THOUGH...
  • dr_sus
    dr_sus Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hmmm you should be losing weight. are you sure you are counting the calories correctly? getting a food scale might help you b/c you can weigh the food to get an exact portion size. i don't think you could have put on that much muscle in just a couple weeks but i could be wrong. make sure you are right on the calories and you should lose weight for sure. plus weigh yourself in the mornings and I usually avoid weighing myself the week before my period. good luck!
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    I read somewhere the most muscle you can put on

is 1 lb a month

and that is if you're really going for it ..........:bigsmile:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I've not lost much on the scales either but have gone down two dress sizes since July. I'm upset only because I NEED to lose the weight to do pointe work properly. Even if it's muscle, it's way too heavy for my tender toes!!
  • wuzzi
    wuzzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One more thing that I've noticed is that you need to eat most of your calories in a day. Your body will go into starvation mode if you don't and will start storing that fat for a rainy day. Many people have mentioned that you should continue to eat all day (about 5 or six "meals") to keep your metabolism running strong. It's hard. I'm hungry right now, but I need to give my stomach some fiber to work on. Remember, digestion takes energy too!