I dont eat eggs - what are you non egg lovers eating instead?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like eggs, but sometimes get sick of them too. For breakfast I have been hooked on grilled cheese with roasted red peppers in them. That and a fruit and I'm good till lunch..
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    I like eggs, but for a change I'll have ham and cheese toasted face up, or Jamaican beef patties.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Eggs are for dinner. I pound a quest bar for breakfast while I wait for the train. Keeping it simple.
  • Jemoules
    Jemoules Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I bought some Greek yoghurt - unflavoured and some Tofu, both of which i have NEVER eaten.

Both I am expecting to be pretty bland so am now trawling recipes.
    Im really keen to try the 'Tofu scramble' as suggested earlier on by allieallieoxenfree; tofu, spinach, tomato & seasonings

I really appreciate your feedback guys!
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only "weirdo" that hates eggs! You could try a whole grain waffle or bagel thin with turkey sausage, or chicken/turkey slices to make a breakfast sandwich. Maybe with a little avocado for some healthy fat. (I don't like avocado either, so I would skip that.) My personal trainer really wanted me to try eggs or egg whites. I just couldn't. Even with every condiment known to man...I still wanted to throw up!

OMG, me too. I don't know what it is about eggs, but my body doesn't like them. I can eat them in pancakes or French toast but in omelets or scrambled or hardboiled? I have to run for the commode. I know, TMI, but it's how my body reacts. Wish I could change that. Eggs are awesome.

• jillxmadelynne
    Options
    Yummm to the idea of 35 calorie bread with peanut butter and a banana on top. I made that for a snack a few hours before reading this and it is fabulous. I have been making a smoothie for breakfast with 1.2 cups of a frozen strawberry, blueberry and raspberry mix, 1 cup of spinach, 7/10 of a cup of yogurt, and a tablespoon of flax seed. It comes in at just under 200 calories and is yummy! I'm with you OP, I LOATHE eggs!
  • elleinaDanielle
    Options
    I do fruits for breakfast: apples, bananas, nectarines, berries. I don't want to set aside time in the morning to prepare eggs, to I go fruity.
  • Jemoules
    Jemoules Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Okay - I tried a recipe I found for scrambled tofu, only difference I made from recipe was I left out the turmeric, instead of kale - used spinach, also dribbled some soya sauce over top and had some cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes on the side.
    -
    The meal itself was tasty but I wasn't too fussed on the tofu :( The texture was just like scrambled eggs (what I would imagine it to be) but could see myself using the recipe again and adding chicken instead of tofu?

Ingredients

SCRAMBLE
    •8 ounces extra firm tofu
    •Olive oil
    •1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
    •1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
    •2 cups kale, loosely chopped

SAUCE
    •1/2 tsp sea salt
    •1/2 tsp garlic powder
    •1/2 tsp cumin powder
    •1/4 tsp chili powder
    •1/4 tsp turmeric (optional)

Instructions
    1.Pat tofu dry and roll in a clean, absorbent towel with something heavy on top, such as a cast iron skillet, for 15 minutes.
    2.While tofu is draining, prepare sauce by adding dry spices to a small bowl and adding enough water to make a pourable sauce. Set aside.
    3.Prep veggies and warm a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add 1-2 Tbsp olive oil and the onion and red pepper. Season with a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook until softened - about 5 minutes.
    4.Add kale, season with a bit more salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
    5.In the meantime, unwrap tofu and use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
    6.Use a spatula to move the veggies to one side of the pan and add tofu. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add sauce, pouring it mostly over the tofu and a little over the veggies. Stir immediately, evenly distributing the sauce. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
    7.Serve immediately with the breakfast potatoes, toast or fruit. Add more flavor with salsa, hot sauce and/or fresh cilantro. Serves 2.

This is the result (tasty but could only eat about a quarter of it!)

7utj3wj7ia7f.jpg
    tofu.jpg 110.8K