Gotta lose 30lb in 4 months:)

Options
stasiyam
stasiyam Posts: 6
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Eating same thing everyday and exercise 2-3 times a week for 4 months or so:)

Replies

• sheznez1624
    Options
    Good luck hun on ur journey x
  • tamsk1k2k3
    Options
    Sending you a message stasiyam
  • stasiyam
    Options
    Thanks @sheznez1624‌ !

• ashliem92
    ashliem92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too 30lbs by May 13th is my goal
  • margtrautwein
    margtrautwein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too 30 lbs by May doing 1200 calories a day and Jillian michaels 30 day shred daily
    Only 2 lbs first week, was hoping for at least 5
  • Victoriajen
    Options
    Me to ! Already down 7 pounds in one week. Been on this journey for about 4 years. From what I learned in the past is to not stick to the same foods. Really try to switch up your recipes. I mean I didn't gain these 30 pounds because I don't like good food.
  • stasiyam
    Options
    @ashywashy58‌ @margtrautwein‌ yes by april -may it all has to be gone!
    @Victoriajen‌ wow 7 in a week! How did you do that? And thats the diet im on eating same food everyday and exercise 3-4 times a week, my mom did this diet and she lost 35-40lbs in 3-4 months!

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    What happens after the "diet is over"?
  • sunforme3
    sunforme3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Want to lose 40 in 6 months, not even sure it's possible but going to try my hardest!! Good luck!!!
  • BlueStarBoi
    BlueStarBoi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you can do it, i've lost 60 pounds in 5.5 / 6 months.
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi sta, I have the same goal losing 15kg by August with 1200 calories intake. How can I add u and other girls here?
  • Sm_Gomez
    Sm_Gomez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We're in the same boat . Tired of starting and stopping . This time I want to finish it . Good luck and I'll be keeping up to date with you
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the rush here?
  • AltheaMarks123
    Options
    I want to do the same. I just had the gastric sleeve done and my Dr.told he was me to be on a 600 calories a day. I said to myself is the even right.. Well I did it as soon as of came from the Dr's and he told me about this app. That was last Monday the 5Jan by 8Jan I had lost 5 pounds. My body changed fast. So it works I have to have 60grams of protein daily so I find high protien shakes, like 32 grams the rest I try to make up in food. My hard part is at night after dinner.. which is a Smart one dinner sometimes or baked chickend with lettus and tomatoes, and salsa. I'm working out and I have started jogging a little during my 30 walks too. So it can be done.. I hope this will help someone.

• stasiyam
    Options
    When diet is over i will gi back to eating foods i like and continue exercising. Loosing 40 in 6 months is possible if you do it righy and in a healthy way ! And the rush is because id like to lose everything before summer comes. When it comes to eating at night for me i like to munch on diff things and since the diet, its been a week almost i have only had a veg salad for dinner and my body got used to it so im not even hungry after 7 pm
  • lizzyparr
    lizzyparr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12lbs so far and plan on losing another 30 by May as well :)

Good luck everyone!
  • margtrautwein
    margtrautwein Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is so good to hear others are looking to reach the same goal - On 1200 cal per day and I was really hungry a couple of days esp with working out but now it seem to be getting easier... Reminding myself everyday is this is what I want !! Not doing for anyone else
  • blakeyslady
    blakeyslady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sm_Gomez wrote: »
    We're in the same boat . Tired of starting and stopping . This time I want to finish it . Good luck and I'll be keeping up to date with you
    Me too. You might find it hard to keep up eating the same every day though. How about producing some meal plans and then eating the same thing for a few days (easier to track and less waste using leftovers!) then switching it. I plan to do this and so far it's been going well.
    I want to lose about 32lb and I have 17 weeks until our holiday. Stay in touch!x

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    stasiyam wrote:
    Eating same thing everyday and exercise 2-3 times a week for 4 months or so
    Eating the same thing every day is not reasonable, nor healthy. (That being said, my breakfast is almost always the same thing, just because I don't want to have to make decisions in the morning.)

Up your exercise to at least 30 minutes (60 would be better) 5 days a week.

If you only have 30 lb to lose, trying to do it in 16 weeks is not a reasonable goal. Losing 0.5 lb per week would be attainable & healthy. Yes, it's frustrating to go so slowly, but it's healthier and the change will be a lasting one.
    Me too 30 lbs by May doing 1200 calories a day and Jillian michaels 30 day shred daily. Only 2 lbs first week, was hoping for at least 5
    Is 120 a healthy goal weight for you? If not, then 1200 calories a day is not a healthy level for you. If you only have 30 lb to lose, losing 2 lb in one week is amazing. 5 would be unhealthy & unreasonable. (I've done it a couple times, but I also started out with 110 to lose.)
    Figure out what you're eating now (to maintain your current weight), then cut 250 cal to lose 0.5 lb per week.

Please, all you new people, go read sexypants.

And once you wade through all that info, I did a newbie help post which has links to more useful info, including accurate logging & weighing, goal setting (weight, calories, macros), motivation...

51637601.png
  • stasiyam
    stasiyam Posts: 6
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    stasiyam wrote:
    Eating same thing everyday and exercise 2-3 times a week for 4 months or so
    Eating the same thing every day is not reasonable, nor healthy. (That being said, my breakfast is almost always the same thing, just because I don't want to have to make decisions in the morning.) 

Up your exercise to at least 30 minutes (60 would be better) 5 days a week. 

If you only have 30 lb to lose, trying to do it in 16 weeks is not a reasonable goal. Losing 0.5 lb per week would be attainable & healthy. Yes, it's frustrating to go so slowly, but it's healthier and the change will be a lasting one. 

Theres nothing unhealthy about eating the same thing everyday... I get everything i need from the food i eat. And exercising eveyday is ridiculous, i dont exercise for half hr, 2-3 times i go to the gym and im there for 2 hrs. And losing 30lb in 3-4 months is pretty reasonable, if doing it right, which i am and my whole diet is based on experience from many people i know. Everyone has their way of dieting and losing weight, and my way fits perfectly for me.