Fitbit

Options
Asotelo4
Asotelo4 Posts: 7
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Question...
I have synched my fitbit with MyFitnessPal app. However, I've also been logging my exercise on MyFitnessPal (like when I go for a run or take a spin class). I exercise five days a week and have stayed within my calorie range but the scale says I'm up for the week. I'm wondering if I'm giving myself double calories. Do you just let your fitbit give you calories on MyFitnessPal or should I also be entering my workouts? Thanks!!

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I actually disconnected my fitbit from MFP. It was giving me entirely too many calories burned and then I was having to constantly subtract out the exercise calories the fitbit was giving me for simply walking around my office or going to the store. I ended up gaining weight.
  • Asotelo4
    Options
    Ok maybe I should do that. So then do you just log your actual exercise in MFP?
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When it comes to exercise, I log nothing, I let the Fit Bit take over all that side of things. Then, I only track food at My Fitness Pal. I don't even track sleep, I find letting the Fit Bit track all of it and update it, prevents things from doubling up, or worse still, deleting steps/calories I've worked hard for!
  • stefi2107
    stefi2107 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't log exercises, only what my fitbit says so it's not doubling but then again, I don't eat back my exercise calories. I use them for if I didn't measure my food right or if I forgot to log something like a mint or gum.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    if I log on MFP is make certain to zero out the cal's but I don't pay that much attention to it. FItbit is always less cal for me than MFP. I think I also will break the relationship
    and just do the foot log on MFP.
  • Asotelo4
    Options
    Thanks so much for your advice. I struggle because I take a lot of spin classes, where I can burn up to 800 calories. However, my fitbit doesn't track that accurately so I've been entering it manually. I think I may be eating too many exercise calories. Thanks!!