it's my year!

Options
That is my new year’s resolution......
I'm Bridgid and it's nice to find a site like this. I started the New Year with a goal in mind and the determination to succeed. However, I was waylaid by my boyfriend who "loves me the way I am" and does not want me to be trim and toned. Well....it's May now and I'm just starting on this journey. I'm no longer concerned with his insecurities of me leaving when I lose weight.....I want to do this for me. If he's around to see me when I’m done that would be wonderful, but if not that's ok too. Geesh...that all sounds a bit bitter! lol
So, I'm new at all this healthy eating stuff, so any tips, thoughts suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Starting this weekend.....I'm dusting off all the workout DVD’s that I've bought over time and will be putting them to use! (And not as drink coasters!)
I'm hoping to get lots of support and meet some really great, inspirational people!

Replies

• sparkerpac
    sparkerpac Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    U can do it. Steve
  • christadoud
    christadoud Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You can do it - I'm sending you a friend request- I am 40ish also. You will find great support/motivation/ and information on this site :) Glad you are here!
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You are worth this! Always do what is best for you... anyone who really loves you will stick around :) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Bridgidm2000
    Options
    Thank you all. I think my main problem is everyone's always telling me that I'm not big. But I wear big shirts that cover my "problem" areas (ie stomach, hips and thighs) And I just don't feel healthy and I want to be toned. I'm going to start the slim in six dvd set within the next few days. I'm having a hard time fitting in exercise with my daily job and mom duties. I think my biggest problem is going to be cooking....I HATE it..lol I need to find dinners that I can use for weight loss and my daughter (who is 5'8 and 137lbs...grrr) can live on. Breakfast and lunches are usually eaten at work so that is not a huge issue. The whole "diet" requirements confuse me.
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Remember that you need to be a little selfish and take care of yourself before you are able to care of anybody else....including loving and playing with your kids. Yes, love is blind but if you can give it back while happy about yourself, it is just a sweeter deal.