I need ideas for high protein, low carb/fat meals.

Options
mjc83
mjc83 Posts: 19
If anyone has any ideas im open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I am not following the plan but I did make several of Dr. Oz's Total 10 Protein Bowls. They are really tasty and fit what you are looking for. I liked the Italian, Chinese and Thai Bowls best.

doctoroz.com/recipe-collection/total-10-protein-bowls
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    lean ground turkey
  • mjc83
    Options
    Thanks I'm going to have to try some of these bowl recipes
  • mjc83
    Options
    I like ground turkey, just have to figure out what to do with it. Lol
  • BadBerger
    BadBerger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering why low carb and low fat? Protein and veggies (AKA low carb) is for weight loss, protein and fat is for maintenance, and protein and carbs is for weight gain. To nix the carbs and fat may get results in the short term, but may not last for the long run, and may harm your body more then it helps.
  • kannanm
    kannanm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    High protein hmmmm, salmon,cod fish, eggs, steak, hamburg. Every morning I mash one bananna,mix in two eggs, fry in nonstick pan with coconut oil. Add butter and cinnamon. This is what gets me going in the morning. I use coconut flour and also almond butter in my recipes. I try to stay paleo. Bread is my downfall,weakness so to say. Paleo is the best for me,not for everyone. But it keeps me on track. Sweet potatoes are in my recipes also.
  • tudemcmood
    tudemcmood Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ewww banana and egg together? Am I reading this right?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    tudemcmood wrote: »

I assume it's similar to how you prepare plantains?
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Banana injected with Nutella then roasted in the oven (in silver foil)
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    tudemcmood wrote: »
    It's a WW pancake recipe, it's really great!
  • djreece515
    Options
    mjc83 wrote: »
    Bodybuilding.com has some great recipes! I use them all the time. The Thai peanut crockpot chicken is my favorite so far!
  • mjc83
    Options
    BadBerger wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why low carb and low fat? Protein and veggies (AKA low carb) is for weight loss, protein and fat is for maintenance, and protein and carbs is for weight gain. To nix the carbs and fat may get results in the short term, but may not last for the long run, and may harm your body more then it helps.

My fitness coach has given me certain guidelines to follow as far as my carb, fat, and protein intake go. She is trying to teach me how to get the protein I need without having to eat too much fat. I've been meeting my carb and fat requirements(barely) but I can't seem to meet my protein limit without going over my fat limit. It's a learning process at this point, I'm not using protein to put on weight. After I can prove to balance everything then my limits will change.
  • mjc83
    Options
    kannanm wrote: »
    High protein hmmmm, salmon,cod fish, eggs, steak, hamburg. Every morning I mash one bananna,mix in two eggs, fry in nonstick pan with coconut oil. Add butter and cinnamon. This is what gets me going in the morning. I use coconut flour and also almond butter in my recipes. I try to stay paleo. Bread is my downfall,weakness so to say. Paleo is the best for me,not for everyone. But it keeps me on track. Sweet potatoes are in my recipes also.

That actually sounds pretty interesting.
  • mjc83
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    Banana injected with Nutella then roasted in the oven (in silver foil)

Would it be the same if I just dip the banana in the Nutella without roasting? Lol
  • mjc83
    Options
    djreece515 wrote: »
    mjc83 wrote: »
    Bodybuilding.com has some great recipes! I use them all the time. The Thai peanut crockpot chicken is my favorite so far!
    I'll check that out. Thanks.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Some of these ideas might work - I like the sound of prawns and tomatoes...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/collections/intermittent_dieting_recipes

Basically fish, prawns/shrimp, chicken breast (without the skin), low fat cheese or cottage cheese are all good, I think.
  • rosejyoti55
    rosejyoti55 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    White sauce over a cup of broccoli, half a cup of spinach and a few mushrooms, top with crushed cornflakes and a little reduced fat mature cheddar. Bake in the oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 20 minutes. It's about 250 calories, contains 17 grams of protein and 135% of your daily vitamin C intake. Plus, it's very filling :)

Also: wheat free pancake mix by blending 2 eggs and 1 banana
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Turkey rolls. I roll turkey lunch meat around green onions, or spread with dijon and spinach and roll up.
  • bwyatt62
    bwyatt62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to eat lower carbs too. I'm diabetic and eating lower carbs or eating what they call good carbs can keep you from becoming diabetic, from what I understand.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    So many good recipes on pinterest! I brown up hamburger and make taco salads a lot. I also do a lot of grilling. My doctor wants me to eat more salt so I like to marinade my steak in soy sauce...it makes it so deliciously tender!