Just another newbie!

Options
Hi strangers!

My name is Kayla. Ive been in a battle with my weight for a long time. I wouldn't consider myself obese, or even super fat. But I can tell that if I continue to eat the way I do, then I will certainly end up being big!

My first goal is to lose 20 pounds. I'm 5'10' and weigh 180 pounds I'm going to be in a wedding in about 5-6 months and desperately want to lose weight before it!

I live in a restaurant... Don't get me wrong, I didn't just move my bed into my favorite fast food place (which is obviously Taco Bell) and just decide to move in! My parents started a restaurant about two months ago. My dad is an amazing cook...which is good but also a problem for his overweight daughter.

Luckily, my brother and his girlfriend are health nuts! So it does help having them around to keep me accountable. But my goal is to be able to eat healthy with always having to be supervised!

I've cut out a lot of sugar the past two weeks. I don't use ANY syrups in my coffee anymore and have been strictly just using 1-2 raw sugar. But I've realized that my problem isn't really sugar. It's bread. And carbs. And salt. Okay, okay, I just like food.

I am more than open to any success stories, ideas, recipes, or anything that helped you reach your goals!

I forgot to mention I am a part time student and a part time employee at soon to be 2 jobs!! I'm also pursuing my bachelors degree.. So I'm a little short on time!!

Any ideas on how to incorporate workouts, and activities into your crazy life?

Well, thanks for reading this! I look forward to hearing from anyone that is willing to help out! And good luck to all you out there trying to lost weight! ✌️

Replies

• ashbash830
    ashbash830 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would recommend incorporating yoga somewhere. It won't help you lose weight but trust me, you will feel sooo much better and actually want to eat healthy.
    I'm also a student, full time.
    Finding time to workout is difficult. I workout three hours a week and stay on a routine.
    Here and there, I would start small. Set a goal every couple of days for squats or something like sit-ups. You can do them all at once or take short breaks inbetween.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    you seem to be very busy, make sure you log everything and im not just talking about food and workouts...make a log for your daily activities and schedule out your day into organized increments. this way you are able to visualize the big picture instead of having it all jumbled in the head, hope this helps! also i LOVE taco bell! chipotle ranch loaded grillers pls!