In need of supportive friends for motivation

Options
223lbs now. I've lost 2lbs this week. In October I got down to 213 from 240 after my daughter was born ( long story) and then fell off track. Really bad.

My goal is to get under 200lbs. I'm 5'3.

Replies

• candicelvt123
    Options
    I Need support also, I've gained over 20# last year after starting a zumba class....makes no sense I even went to the doctor to have my blood work checked, of course I'm all normal but I need help and support to see why I'm gaining so much weight
  • lexinourihackford
    Options
    @candicelvt123‌ it's so strange how that kind of stuff can happen. I'm no "diet expert", but maybe seeing what you are eating on a daily basis could allow me to offer some suggestions. I'm not a health nut, and I don't like to fully restrict myself, but the diet that I follow currently (maybe a tad more lax than before) is what helped me lose the initial 30lbs.
  • candicelvt123
    Options
    I've been very conscious about the carbs, mainly fruits and veggies are my carbs. I've eliminated crackers and breads....I'm not giving up because I can't afford to, I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life and I exercise more and am more conscious of my choices. This consumes me daily and I need a break through and I'm hoping this app will help
  • candicelvt123
    Options
    Hormone imbalance I've heard but I'm too young for that just yet
  • bossejo
    bossejo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • Bfree5868
    Bfree5868 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • ashleyp369
    ashleyp369 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me I think I added you haha
  • lexinourihackford
    Options
    Too much fruit can be a bad thing. How much and what type are you eating? I mostly focus on berries. Namely blueberries, raspberries, and when they aren't moldy (they are most moldy at the grocery store lately) strawberries. For me, I try to focus on high protein. I start my day with eggs almost every morning to boost my day.
  • candicelvt123
    Options
    Fruits are maybe 1-2 a day not a lot but its either an apple, grapefruit and rarely banana, occ pineapple but I dont eat a lot of fruit. Sometimes a serving of grapefruit juice or cranberry juice but that's not daily
  • candicelvt123
    Options
    I'm hoping week 2 will show on the scale because week 1 was zero!
  • lexinourihackford
    Options
    Hmm. I'm really not sure. Just don't give up. My friend lost close to 100lbs doing a high protein low carb strict diet from a clinic. It's called md diet. It's local to Salt Lake City utah, but maybe see if there is a medical weight loss clinic in your area. They offer support and classes and a doctor helps create a diet plan. I roughly follow some of the diet that my friend did/does. The only reason I haven't gone to the clinic is because of money being tight. If my tax return in large enough, I will probably go.
  • brandymutschler
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to mfp and I'm also looking for support and friends. I gained a lot of weight over the past couple years with my first pregnancy and I'm ready to feel better about myself and lay off the food! I made this decision when I saw a picture of myself at my son's bday party and it was obvious to me that I had gotten bigger. I currently way 165; I'd like to lose 20lbs in the next 6 months. I also signed up for dailyburn and have begun the true beginner program! Nice to meet you all :)
  • Beedecaire
    Options
    hey everyone new to the site not to sure how to use it , im looking to lose weight obviously lol not sure how to do it , honestly it wasn't till recently when I notice I had to lose weight (may baggy pants don't fit anymore)..I went to the gym today and honestly I felt like a tool I don't even know how to work out , i walked the treadmill for a bit.. I may have went to the wrong gym because the people there shouldn't be working out lol . I don't have many close friends and the ones I do have aren't dealing with there weight so I figured id look around to see if I could find people going through the same thing and voila! here I am on my fitness pal ..
  • Beedecaire
    Options
    brandy , what is the true beginner program?
  • brandymutschler
    Options
    Beed- I signed up for dailyburn for free for a month and they have all kinds of workout programs you can choose from with workout videos and nutrition info. That's actually how I heard about mfp, my coach (a real fitness expert who communicates with you via email) recommended it as an aid! Definitely check it out, they have a free 30 day trial going on now. I just do the workouts at home, it saves me from that awkward feeling of going to the gym and not feeling like you belong!