Ideas for packing lunch for work.

Options
Anyone have any suggestions for lunches to pack for lunch for work to help with weight loss? That are easy to prepare :))

Replies

• freerunner12
    freerunner12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. Here are some little gems that work for me: Fruit or fruit salad, carrot sticks with cottage cheese, Frozen yoghurt/ chocolate milk (250ml box), wholegrain sandwich, hard boiled eggs. Those are great as it feels like a treat and when placed in lunchbox keeps everything chilled on a hot day.
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I always get lean cuisine and a fruit lol. #collegelife haha
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A salad with tuna, a boiled egg, roast chicken, hot smoked salmon or beans and whatever else you fancy.
    A wrap with chicken and curry yogurt/smoked salmon and avocado/homemade tuna salad/black beans, sweet corn and salsa/hummus, veggies and cheese. I find wraps to be less messy than sandwiches, plus they don't go soggy.
    A pasta, quinoa or couscous salad. E.g. a Greek pasta salad with chicken or tuna and feta cheese, or a couscous salad with artichokes, cucumber, tomato and grilled chicken.
    A boiled egg, avocado and a piece of toast or some crackers. Bring separately and assemble at work!
    Soup, if you have a microwave available.
  • kota4bye
    kota4bye Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    We prep on sunday afternoons. I'll grill a bunch of chicken, or a pork loin and split it up for lunches with salad and fruit for the week.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I always take Greek yogurt with flax and chia seeds to work for lunch along with some fresh fruit. I keep a healthy Gluten free protein bar in my locker in case I get hungry again. Usually I don't need it, though, unless I'm going to the gym after work.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Carrot sticks and/or other raw veggies, hard boiled egg, one oz of cheese folded into a slice of bread, apple or banana or orange, individual yogurt, 1 oz. peanuts or cashews or almonds, PB&J made with PB2 and reduced calorie jam.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    How about dinner leftovers? I also do some meal prep on Sunday to get my lunches ready for the week. This usually means I'm eating the same lunch for several days - which I don't mind. I like to make chicken and wild rice w/ veggies, homemade soups/stews, I like tuna or egg salad on salads, veggies wraps.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite lunches and it travels well. 3gsyfu2stcys.jpg
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    i do leftovers, but also have a few meals that I make and freeze for days when there are no leftovers. one of my favorite freeze meals is turkey chili - i put it in the refrigerator at night, and the next day by lunch it is ready to eat:)
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I simply a whole cucumber cut in half and the seeds scooped out. Then you can fill it with anything you want, tuna, chicken, or egg salad, lunch meat, cheese, cream cheese...the possibilities are endless. Wrapped tight in saran wrap and it travels very well.

This one is deli turkey, ham, and roast beef, finely diced veggies mixed into low fat cream cheese, and fresh baby spinach leaves. Yummmmm!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have a sturdy salad like a greek salad that I dip in to for several days. I pair it up with a protein. Very often I have leftovers from the night before. I had made a large batch of stew and a cabbage soup and I've been eating that up. I bring crackers to go with.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I either pack sandwiches or dinner leftovers. As others have mentioned, you can do a lot of prep work so that everything is already portioned out and ready to go. For snacks, I pack fruit, protein bars and greek yogurt. Can't get much easier than that!
  • MissKosmos
    Options

That looks AMAZING! What's in it!?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    This time of year I make a lot of soups and stews...usually a couple different batches on the weekends and that usually holds my wife and I for a week. Generally I will take one of my soups or stews along with 1/2 and avocado and a salad.

During warmer months I grill almost every night and just make extra whatever for the next days lunch...usually have that with a big garden salad or otherwise a bunch of veggies and 1/2 an avocado. I do this in the winter as well if I make a roast or something...leftovers rock.

I also like sammiches every once in awhile.

Mind you, none of this helps with weight loss if you consume more energy than your body requires...weight loss is simply about consuming less energy than your body requires.