Fitbit Charge HR

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Amazon has a few in stock right now (the large one's. the small ones are scalpers), and I ordered it from them. I'm going to give it a two week try, and then see if it's worth replacing my vivofit.
  • yansbans
    yansbans Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've realized that mine said 4 to 6 weeks because I want the different color. Crappy. Everyone let me know how you feel about the size. I can still cancel. I still have concern about the sizing. See post above.
  • Opi16
    Opi16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! For those with sizing questions and issues, keep in mind that this band is like a watch and adjustable :smile:

Also I'm assuming the charge hr sold out pretty quickly , when it released. I was able to purchase mine with no issues after I received my notification though email (8am PST). Hence why some might have gotten shipping within a week vs. 5-8 weeks, :o ouch. I just hope it'll all be worth it for all of us in the end :smiley::#
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    hollyhom wrote: »
    I ordered my Charge HR directly from the Fitbit store on Tuesday night and I got an email yesterday morning that it shipped. I am anxiously awaiting it. I loved my Force but was one of the unfortunate severe rash victims!

I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with it with reference to the nickel content. I'm considering buying a Charge HR or Surge, but I'm quite worried I'll have a reaction to it.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Do you have a nickel allergy or are you prone to other allergic contact dermatitis? If so, a One or Zip might be a better choice. Though the company takes them back within a year, if you have any issues, too.
    https://www.fitbit.com/forcesupport
  • MrsR0SE
    Options
    It does tend to be nickel, I've had a problem with watch straps, earrings etc in the past. I have a One, I just really want to have watch-type fitbit! I guess the best thing to do is to order one and see how it goes, I should know after a few days if it's a problem.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Is it the Charge HR you're considering? That and the Surge have buckle type closures. The metal part doesn't contact my skin. :)
  • MrsR0SE
    Options
    That's good to know - yes I'm planning on getting either the Charge HR or the Surge :)
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    spend a little more and get the Surge!! SO WORTH IT.
  • kiniece
    kiniece Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Also, when I ordered my Surge from Verizon, all they had at that time was the size large. I have small wrists so I was worried it would be too big..but it's totally fine!! The very last 2 holes on the wristband are just enough to get a good fit. :heart: :blush:
  • arsook
    arsook Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the charge Hr, but know that I will keep wearing my bluetooth Polar 7 for exercise classes and spinning. However I ordered it from kohl's because of their lengthy return policy. I really would like an apple watch when it comes out in March.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I'm getting the hr at the end of this month, does anyone know if their waterproof?
    almatters wrote: »
    I was lucky and was able to pick up a Charge HR in early December. Anyone else out there pick it up? Its my first fitbit. Anywau im wondering how accurate the daily calorie tracker is. Im looking to drop 10 pounds. Any other tips for using it? Thanks!

I'm getting mine later this month, can you tell me if its water proof? Would love that for swimming.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    From the site:
    Water Resistance
    Charge HR is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof or showerproof. With any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
    https://www.fitbit.com/chargehr
  • sarahharas5
    sarahharas5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Got mine in the mail yesterday. So far so good!
    It isn't counting all the flights of stairs I do but I don't think that's a big deal--I don't really care about that.
    I really love the sleep tracking without having to tap for years to get the thing to "sleep."
    I ordered a small originally then read a lot of info and changed to a large. The large fits just fine.
  • miratime
    miratime Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Unless you have really tiny arms, go for the Large. I got the small because I measured where I wore my Flex (right above or below my wrist bone) but they recommend you wear the HR further up your arm (in the direction of your elbow) for a better reading, so the bigger band is helpful.

There's a peg on the little loop that you are supposed to tuck the tail end of the band into. If you aren't able to use at least the third hole in for the band's latch, the peg won't have anything to catch on. So you'd lose that extra little "security" feature, too.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My HR comes tomorrow - I currently have the flex. I also use the large (the small looked almost kid sized - lol)
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    From the site:
    Water Resistance
    Charge HR is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof or showerproof. With any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean.
    https://www.fitbit.com/chargehr

Thanks
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I'm a long term fitibit user and I'd really like a Surge. I can't wait for it to come out in the UK. I have teeny wrists (5.5 inches) and the small says 5.5-6.7 so I guess that makes me a small!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    for those of you who already received it - did you order the black one or a different colour?
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I got one in December when stores had a few for about a day...lucky me! I was super excited. However, the heart rate monitor is useless. I do hard cardio, Hiit training and my heart rate will get up to 170-180 (I've worn a heart rate monitor strap for years), but according to my charge HR, my heart rate is only at about 120 as I'm completely huffing and puffin for air. I wanted to like this soooo bad, but now I"m finding that I'm only using it for steps (could of got something cheaper for that). Maybe mine's a dud.. Anyone else have issues with the HR being so inaccurate?