same food everyday

Options
Any of you eat the same food everyday ?.. I do for conveniance :) I dont get bored either.

Replies

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I repeat the same things very frequently. I don't get bored either, and it makes my shopping very fast!
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    If it ain't broke, then don't try to fix it.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I eat some things very often, but eventually I do get sick of it and need to take a break for a while
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I like routine :D
  • tanowicki
    tanowicki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing 80% of the time. I break the routine on weekends and do have lunch out once/week. It's just so much easier to make and pack.
  • I have to, to prevent leftover food from going to waste; if it isn't in individual packaging.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's a great tool for healthy eating (IMO) and excellent for reducing food waste. I also think it's a bit of a life hack. If I don't have to think about breakfast or lunch, I can devote my mental energy to the other creative tasks and decisions I need to make throughout the day.

That is not to say I eat the same things every day, but for example if I've opened a can of refried beans, it's bean and cheese quesadillas for at least four days, then I'll move on to something else. I cycle through three breakfasts and four or five lunches this way.

When I'm really on track I try to have a salad every day for supper as well, and usually switch up the type of salad (always greens and protein though) once a week or so.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same things, but I throw in different stuff when I'm sick of the same old, same old.

The only thing I never tire of is my berries. They're like a big old treat every day. :grinning:
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    jfmorache wrote: »
    Any of you eat the same food everyday ?.. I do for conveniance :) I dont get bored either.

I sort of do. My major staple is chicken (since I hate red meat). I go through phases where for 2-3 weeks I like it prepared the same way with same sides. Then I get tired of it and prepare it a different way with different sides for 2-3 weeks lol.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I go through phases but tend to have a couple of big pots of food in the fridge - like a stew and a risotto or a chunky soup - that means my lunches and some suppers are easily available and easily calorie counted

If I ever eat something and think "I'm bored of this" I switch up the big pots for something else .. I also change seasonally eg needing warm food when it's cold but big salad type foods when it's hot

I also have go-to ready made meals that I enjoy and snacks that I always have in

But I will never eat anything I don't like/am bored of eating for the sake of eating
  • Chan8ll8
    Chan8ll8 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I eat the same every single day! Strange considering I love change...but can't seem to change what I eat.
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple for breakfast every day (unless I run out of them). I do switch up the varieties though, but I still suppose that counts?
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    The only thing I typical switch up is dinner only because it's impacting my BF. Other than that, breakfast at work is the same thing and lunch is a salad and yogurt. Salad ingredients change, but it's still a salad.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Breakfast and lunch are usually a rotation of the same few things. Dinner varies because I'm cooking for my family, and if I made the same thing every day they would revolt.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I don't eat the same things every day or I would be bored, I get bored easily! apart from breakfast, I always have eggs for brekkie as they fill me up but each week I eat the same kinds of things, just try to vary them :) each to their own and whatever works for you.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    jfmorache wrote: »

I have pretty much the same foods every week. I don't get bored because I love them so much and they are pretty much required for the cut I am on. Sockeye Salmon, Eye of Round Steak, halibut, chicken breast and egg whites. Eat all of these 3-4 times a week. Never get bored
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing pretty much for a week and then switch. Sometimes I'll go two weeks. Sometimes I get midway through the week and realize what I made to eat for lunch during the week is bad news bears, but I don't like to waste food so I power through. For example, the lettuce wraps I made for my lunch this week are WAY too high in soldium. I can actually FEEL it. But I'll power through and just drink a crap ton of water.

The summers are a little bit more of a wild card because it depends on what's available in my garden. My husband, on the other hand, has eaten the same rice and beans lunch for the past three years and has never gotten bored. One of his friends from his youth told me that he once said, "I don't eat for pleasure" when she asked if he wanted to go grab something to eat. I'm still not 100% sure how we ended up married... :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nope, I like variety and sustainability.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I do. I eat very differently from the rest of my family (I have celiac disease and am a vegetarian and they don't and aren't), so I cook for myself and eat my own left overs for a few days while I cook separately for them.

I also like to eat my main meal at lunch rather than in the evening and tend to eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast and dinner. The main meal will vary, but again, since I'm cooking for myself and eating left overs, it will be repeated for a few days.
  • Sevendust912
    Sevendust912 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    On a cut yes, I eat the same thing at least 6 days a week, maybe 7