Note to Self - Must Learn Patience & Persistence

Options
2»

Replies

• Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A week of moderation and focussing on healthy food and re-incorporating exercise into my day has paid off and I've lost 0.8kg of the 1.7kg I put on over Christmas. Quite pleased the progress has turned back in the right direction.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BAM!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Woooo, way to go! To say you thought you needed more patience you are doing excellent. Must be those new year resolutions, haha.
    Proud of you.
    Cheers, h.
  • Laurochka
    Options
    Thanks ladies <3
  • curlylaloo
    Options
    Thanks for this thread, I'm struggling and needed some motivation. I just weighed myself and had gained a pound this week, despite trying really hard to be healthy and completing 2 fast days. My partner is also on the same diet, although he eats more calories as he's male- he loses at least 2lb a week- which drives me insane with jealousy! (Any tips on how to deal with that??)
    - I'm going to follow your lead and just try to get on with it, keep making healthy decisions. I'm finding it hard to ignore my disappointment though.
  • Laurochka
    Options
    I'm gradually learning that consistency is key. If I have a "bad" day I don't beat myself up about it but I don't let it sabotage the next day, I just get back on being healthy again in my next choices.
    Also if I have a slow week weight loss wise I just keep going and believe that the consistency will pay off in the end and I'll see the results.
    I think accepting that it's not necessarily a fast process is key - hence the requirement for patience! ;)
  • Laurochka
    Options
    Yeah it's definitely a struggle and I think all the "fast" solutions out there feed unrealistic expectations of weight loss. It requires dedication, perseverance, patience and hard work.
    I think we're justified in becoming frustrated but definitely not giving up! :)
  • curlylaloo
    Options
    So after my disheartening 1lb gain last week, I took your advise and stuck with it. This week- down 3lb. We've just got to stick with it and play the long game! o:)
  • Laurochka
    Options
    YAY - Well done!! <3 (*)