High protein ideas needed!!

Options
hi I'm getting back to fitness and weights. I need high protein meal and snack ideas!! Need to build muscle and lose fat.. Pls feel free to add me

Replies

• andypenn
    andypenn Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have Turkey bacon. Egg and jalapeño on a sandwich thin for breakfast, it's de-lish and boost your metabolism slightly from the chilli. A good 36g of protein for breakfast :)
  • iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My favourite snacks are spinach chips (cooked with zero oil just a spray of 1cal spray and seasoned)
    Boiled egg with runny yolk, I like using the yolk as a dip for vegetable sticks :)
    COTTAGE CHEESE i love cottage cheese so much protein, some people think it's gross but I love it so much
    Can of undressed tuna with black pepper and lemon juice
    Sometimes I roast chicken then cut it up into a couple of little snack bags with different herb combinations in each one, nice for on the go little chickeny snacks

My favourite high protein dinner has to be chicken omlette, I use one egg and 2 egg whites, chicken breast cut into strips, chopped broccli and spinach with a lil bit of skimmed milk
    Sooooo tasty
    Xxxxx
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    Great ideas!! I never tried cottage cheese cod of the look of it lol.. Think I'll give it a go.. Thank you
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    andypenn wrote: »
    I have Turkey bacon. Egg and jalapeño on a sandwich thin for breakfast, it's de-lish and boost your metabolism slightly from the chilli. A good 36g of protein for breakfast :)

• kelly30mad
    Options
    Thank you sounds really good!! Love hot spicy food.. Thanks
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm kind of boring and rushed cuz I work out in the morning before work...doesn't leave much time for exciting breakfast things, so my staples for mornings and snacks are protein bars (I like Detour bars and some of the Quest bars), boiled eggs, peanut butter, cheese, 1% cottage cheese (actually higher protein than 2%), little snack cans of tuna or salmon, greek yogourt...

For meals I actually have time to cook like dinner, pretty much any meat, but chicken breast and turkey breast are the most frequent...I also like to grill or bake salmon and then make salmon patties out of the leftovers for quick take along snacks.
  • kelly30mad
    Options
    Thanks been looking at protein bars. Will look into them a bit more.. X