Eating dinner late 7:00 - 8:30 pm ...is it bad

Options
when my husband cooks our dinner he always wants dinner late,and I like dinner early...but is it bad to eat later at night???

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    No
  • chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    No

oh thanks for that....thought it was
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It's neutral. What matters is how many calories you burn vs. consume (for weight loss).
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Its not bad to eat late, and there have been some tests tot hat effect. as CA above so clearly mentioned. If your having hard time waiting. You may have to maybe have a snack before hand. I work out right after work and the family doesn't sit down until 7 or later. We all know we will need something to tide us over.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Why would it be?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    No. I usually eat after the gym, so around 10:30-11. No problem at all.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'll eat 1300 ish and go to bed. Every nite.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I often eat dinner late. I grew up in a family that ate later than all my friends and I usually have a workout class at 6:30 or 7pm so I don't eat until I get home.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner fairly late as well, around 8:30/9:00pm. I also eat 5 others meals throughout the day so it get's kinda tough to fit them all in by a certain time. However, I would recommend eat dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed. In that time, your body is still digesting the food and raises your blood sugar a little, which can make it difficult to to sleep soon after eating.
  • chezzac17
    Options
    Its not bad to eat late, and there have been some tests tot hat effect. as CA above so clearly mentioned. If your having hard time waiting. You may have to maybe have a snack before hand. I work out right after work and the family doesn't sit down until 7 or later. We all know we will need something to tide us over.

thanks so much..thats great
  • chezzac17
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Why would it be?

I had always heard it was bad to eat after about 7:30
  • chezzac17
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    No. I usually eat after the gym, so around 10:30-11. No problem at all.

oh really....thanks
  • chezzac17
    Options
    msalamun wrote: »
    I eat dinner fairly late as well, around 8:30/9:00pm. I also eat 5 others meals throughout the day so it get's kinda tough to fit them all in by a certain time. However, I would recommend eat dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed. In that time, your body is still digesting the food and raises your blood sugar a little, which can make it difficult to to sleep soon after eating.

thank you....
  • chezzac17
    Options
    I often eat dinner late. I grew up in a family that ate later than all my friends and I usually have a workout class at 6:30 or 7pm so I don't eat until I get home.

thank you....
  • chezzac17
    Options
    thanks everyone aaarrrggghhh makes me feel better and no fights with the husband about eating late......hah
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Eat when you want to eat.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You should generally not eat 4 hours before you sleep
  • chezzac17
    Options
    thanks again guys....