Note to Self - Must Learn Patience & Persistence

2»

Replies

• Laurochka
    Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
    A week of moderation and focussing on healthy food and re-incorporating exercise into my day has paid off and I've lost 0.8kg of the 1.7kg I put on over Christmas. Quite pleased the progress has turned back in the right direction.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    BAM!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Woooo, way to go! To say you thought you needed more patience you are doing excellent. Must be those new year resolutions, haha.
    Proud of you.
    Cheers, h.
  • Laurochka
    Thanks ladies <3
  • Thanks for this thread, I'm struggling and needed some motivation. I just weighed myself and had gained a pound this week, despite trying really hard to be healthy and completing 2 fast days. My partner is also on the same diet, although he eats more calories as he's male- he loses at least 2lb a week- which drives me insane with jealousy! (Any tips on how to deal with that??)
    - I'm going to follow your lead and just try to get on with it, keep making healthy decisions. I'm finding it hard to ignore my disappointment though.
  • Laurochka
    I'm gradually learning that consistency is key. If I have a "bad" day I don't beat myself up about it but I don't let it sabotage the next day, I just get back on being healthy again in my next choices.
    Also if I have a slow week weight loss wise I just keep going and believe that the consistency will pay off in the end and I'll see the results.
    I think accepting that it's not necessarily a fast process is key - hence the requirement for patience! ;)
  • Laurochka
    Yeah it's definitely a struggle and I think all the "fast" solutions out there feed unrealistic expectations of weight loss. It requires dedication, perseverance, patience and hard work.
    I think we're justified in becoming frustrated but definitely not giving up! :)
  • So after my disheartening 1lb gain last week, I took your advise and stuck with it. This week- down 3lb. We've just got to stick with it and play the long game! o:)
  • Laurochka
    YAY - Well done!! <3 (*)