Struggle

Options
im trying so hard, and it's not that I'm even hungry I just want to eat. It's like I can't control it :( help!!

Replies

• shned13
    shned13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    It IS hard. It's hard to change old habits and hard to start new things. You're doing fine, take baby steps. You're stronger than your cravings or habits.
  • RandiJo02
    RandiJo02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That sucks, I know the feeling. You know on The Biggest Loser, they are always trying to find the 'reason' someone is over-eating...I just like to eat! I have no underlying issues, my parents loved me, I have always had lots of friends, no tragedy to speak of - I just really like food.
    Anyways - when I know I am wanting to eat just to eat - I brush my teeth. Then nothing but water sound good anyways. Or jump in the shower, do something where it wouldn't be normal to eat. Stay busy, pick up a hobby (preferably something you do with your hands).
    Hope that helps. It's something we are always going to live with. The struggle is real. Good luck!
  • ptrawny
    ptrawny Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It is about changing your life. You need to rearrange it so you have more control. Don't buy food in bulk only what is needed for the weeks meals. That way you have nothing in the house when temptation strikes. I have the same. We all do. Then look and what you do each day and change it. Fit time as randi suggests. Get a pair of walking shoes and a GPS. Or a dog.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It is hard. I agree that when thinking about food u must get moving. Do anything to stop the pattern. As far as hunger goes, think of it as good as your body is burning fat as fuel vs the food u just ate!!!
  • mandyedwards101
    mandyedwards101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a massive appetite and struggled for a long time to control it but I have done it and my appetite has dropped right off!
    I eat every 2-3 hrs now. I make a box up every day with rice, tinned lentils, olives, peppers and add ham or salmon or tuna. Fill the box with around 500-600 calories and have a small amount 4 tines a day. Breakfast is yogurt and fruit and evening meal is around 300-400 calories - lots of veg and chicken or even a healthy ready meal. A banana and some fruit for snacks and the cravings gave gone. It's a complete change to my usual eating habits but it controls my blood sugar levels stops me feeling hungry ever and I have never felt more on top of my weight loss. It's worth a try! Good luck !
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Pretty common problem. you've gotten some good suggestions, here. Doing something physical when you find yourself tempted to eat is a good idea. Buying food by the planned meal a few days at a time is another good one. Also, if you do find yourself tempted to eat, grab something like celery sticks or baby carrots (no dip) and chew on a few of those. At least if you're eating, what you're eating is low-cal so you're not dumping a lot of calories into yourself while you snack.
  • agggie550
    agggie550 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Amen to that struggle... i know the feeling. For me it took alot of soul searching. Trying to figure out why i wanted to eat even if i wasnt hungry. And i still slip up from time to time, and see a plate of cookies and think i "need" one of those, and of course i justify it in my head that i need it to, but at the end of the day, just stay the course. A slip or stumble isnt the end of the race, just something to work through. Good luck.
  • lambchoplewis1
    lambchoplewis1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm" -Winston Churchill
    "Mistakes are proof you are trying"
  • ptrawny
    ptrawny Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like this. I shall use this more. A great statement