Fitbit or similar

Options
Hi guys, can I ask if you rate the fitbit at all? I'm one of those people who is motivated by numbers and lists (oh how I love lists) so as a way of keeping myself accountable on my aim to get fit and gorgeous, I'm considering getting an activity tracker. I don't need anything super technical- I just need a way of motivating me to move more. I have an app on my phone which is awesome, until I'm wearing something without pockets!
I'd love to hear what works for you.

Replies

• jeffgmorris1974
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge and love it. It tracks your steps, miles, calories burned, floors climbed. You can also set goals for yourself and also compete against your friends who have 1 also.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’ve had two fitbits (lost both of them in the Paris airport at different times). One was a clip on and the other was the bracelet. I preferred the bracelet version. It was good at keeping up with my general activity and as a result, pushed me to move more (I’d even pace in my hotel room at night to get that last few hundred steps in for the day). It was very durable (I wore it during a tough mudder, which makes losing it in the paris airport all the more confusing).

It was simple to use and has an available multi-color pack (if fashion is a point). Well worth it if it is something that would further motivate you to move more.

• starryeyedsnoozer
    starryeyedsnoozer Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking time to replyguys, that's great. I wasn't sure if it was just a gimmick, but I think it will push me to reach my personal goals.
  • xblackstars
    Options
    I would look at the reviews on the app store, I was about to purchase on but the Apple app store said there were a lot of problems with it so you wouldn't be able to clock your calories etc. I'm too in this position, I'm tempted to go for the Misfit one.