Argghh. Can't find decent workout pants

Options
I'm looking for light-weight capri pants for running/working out that aren't compression/tight. I'm way to big in the bottom and my legs to be wrapping them in black saran wrap... Anway, I've searched the internet, and looked at places like walmart, target and Dick's/academy sporting goods. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies

• shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Well of your willing to go a bit shorter give strike shorts a try. Mine stop just above the knee and there is a slit up to about mid thigh on the outside. Very loose and comfortable.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I just googled, "lightweight cotton capris plus size" and got lots of results. The pictures that come up are hooked to web sites selling the products. This time of year there are lots of sales on lightweight capris.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I got some Danskin ones that had plenty of room and a drawstring waist. I ordered them from Walmart online. they came in regular and plus sizes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have a big booty and find the brand RBX has plenty of room there, without having an overly large waist band.
  • NotSoPerfectPam
    NotSoPerfectPam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sodakat, thanks, lots of regular capris, but not much activewear. Though I added activewear to that search and found something on Lands End
  • coloradohoku452
    coloradohoku452 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Danskin are the best for the money that I've found. Great range of true sizes as well.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just browsing at the discount stores like TJ Maxx or Marshall's would be worth it I think. The ones near me at least are pretty good about having a lot of different workout pants.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    lululemon.
    Quality gear.

REI works too.
  • lisi79
    lisi79 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Target does have a good active fit line... By champion.... Try a boot cut pant that's not fit at the ankle ... Usually looks good on most body types.... Might have to look online though, this time a year, stores pretty picked over.... Good luck
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I swear by Nike Skapris, they have a little skirt over the top for added modesty, and are so comfy to wear
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'll second the recommendation for discount stores like TJMaxx or Marshalls. I bought some cotton capris there 50 lbs ago and they've stood through many workouts and washes. They're looser fitting than compression pants while still being fitted. You can also find non cotton blends there that fit well in larger sizes or curvier shapes. I think I have RBX brand and Marika? They won't be as cool as technical fabrics, but should fit good.
  • torisiegel
    Options
    Danskin are the best for the money that I've found. Great range of true sizes as well.

I love anything Danskin as well! So comfortable.

• pamelak5
    pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Moving Comfort - pricey but very durable. I bought two pairs in 2006 and for many years, cycled only between those two and they're still holding up just fine.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    REI is awesome! I love their stuff. When I want to treat myself I get Athleta. They are made by fairies and are wonderful but expensive so I only get on sale. Khols has some really good pants as well.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    http://www.sears.com/everlast-reg-women-s-capri-athletic-pants/p-007VA56895412P?sid=IDx01192011x000001&kpid=00763150030&kispla=007VA56895412P&kpid=00763150030&mktRedirect=y

On sale! Thanks for posting this since I do need to replace mine. Comfy comfy comfy and not expensive at all. I did get my Everlast capris at Marshall's a few years ago but they...are not allowed out in public anymore so it's time to replace them.
  • BredaClaude
    BredaClaude Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I got a really light pair of Nike capris at the running room. They start fitted at waist then have room on the hips and thighs. I checked their site and they only had fitted Nike. I did find these cute baggy ones: Check the link

http://ca.shop.runningroom.com/women/apparel/tights-pants-capris/comfy-capri.html
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    See if Old Navy has anything that you like. I bought a few pairs of their "goga" pants several years ago and I wear them all the time!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried their cropped pants, but I got decent leggings (some synthetic fabric, not cotton) from Joe Fresh
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Old Navy and Target have good workout pants. Pretty decent price as well