elliptical while sore from weight training?

Options
hey everyone, I did some weight training last night and I am sore this morning. That's a good thing I know, but I usually do the elliptical a few times a week. Am i ok to do that while I'm sore or will it hinder my muscle growth?

Replies

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    You will be fine and it can help recovery by getting that blood flowing into sore muscles.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Getting moving and keeping moving is a great way to flush waste products out of tissue and shuttle good stuff back in.

If you take it to the extreme that you burn a tonne of calories, then you'll have to account for them in your eating, or else you won't gain what you would have. Also if you go at it so hard that you interrupt your recovery then you'll perform sub-par at your next session and that'll hinder your growth.

TL;DR: make sure you eat extra to account for it and don't go so stupid that you start to mess with your recovery. Other than that it's fine.
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    working out the next day halps with DOMS
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    30 min elliptical. I work out certain body sections certain days of the week, but I really don't have a very good plan about it. Not one that I can kind of type out anyway.