Arc Trainer???

Options
There are two Arc Trainers that I use at planet fitness that can't find on here. How can I enter these work outs?

Replies

• heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the same thing as an Elliptical? I would guess the calories would be similar. Just remember, MFP tends to overestimate calorie burn.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Or try Gazelle, I know that's a common brand name for a similar machine.
  • Missy022014
    Missy022014 Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I log it as the elliptical. The calories MFP logs are always very close to what the arc trainer at PF says I burned. I use the weight loss program on it and enter my weight so it should be pretty accurate.

And BTW...I love that machine!
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Lots of people use that machine - I am nervous about trying new things so I stay on the elliptical - is it a different work out ? better?
  • daynes23
    daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    dizzzigrl wrote: »
    Lots of people use that machine - I am nervous about trying new things so I stay on the elliptical - is it a different work out ? better?
    I enjoy the arc trainer because you can get a different workout based on the settings. If you have low incline it's like you're ice skating (like a gazelle) if it's somewhere in the middle, it's similar to an elliptical. If you ramp up the incline then it's like a stair machine. It gets intense! I love the arc trainer. I rarely use the elliptical anymore.

Also I have found the arctrainer in the MFP exercise database but I remember having to really look for it (it wasn't the 1st result when I searched for it - weird).
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I find the arc trainer is able to give me a much more vigorous workout than an elliptical and works the hamstrings in a way that the elliptical can't. Hamstrings are a problem for me, so I've pretty much switched to the arc trainer.
  • miratime
    miratime Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Search for Cybex in the exercise list--it's the arc machine's brand name. I know I have friends who use that entry.
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Or try Gazelle, I know that's a common brand name for a similar machine.

hi is Amy enman