Hypothyroidism and new here!!

Options
New here looking for serious partners to encourage and support!! I am tired of starting and never following through! I also have hypothyroidism and was wondering if any of you find it more difficult to lose weight? What do you find works for you?

Replies

• vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am hypo also. I have been told by my doctor that once your levels are at an appropriate range, losing weight should not be as challenging. However, I have only just begun myself as well, so I have yet to see about that part. :) Its tough starting out, but it can be done with determination, motivation, and support!
  • amandajane333
    Options
    Hello! I too a, hypo and although I've used My Fitness Pal before, I've never really stuck to it, so I'm starting again today! Like Vixtris said, if you get your levels right, you shouldn't have any troubles losing weight. The main thing I struggle with, being hypo, is my lack of energy, I'm tired all the time! Hopefully My Fitness Pal helps motivate me to get up and move!

Good luck! :smile: We're all here to support each other!
  • rl082101
    Options
    Thank you guys feel free to add me! We need all the support we can get! I know I do!
  • Nazy_Ak
    Nazy_Ak Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi, I also have hypo and am restarting my weight loss journey. In all honesty, it is more difficult to lose weight than others (my experience) but the good news is, we can albeit slowly! I've noticed that it takes me approx 2 weeks to lose 1lb and that's when my thyroid levels are where they should be. It can be frustrating but I am really determined to stick to it. I've lost and regained 10lbs soo many times, this time it's for real because I have atleast 60-80 lbs to lose.
    Good luck ladies :)
  • Nazy_Ak
    Nazy_Ak Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sorry just remembered, if your levels are correct but you still feeling tired then have your b12 checked. Mine was low but not low enough to be injected with it, so my doc told me to take b12 supplements and they really make a difference to my energy. Worth a check :)
  • rachellamella
    rachellamella Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I've been logging in with MFP for nearly 6 months now and lost a total of 43 pounds so far through a mixture of dedicated exercise and calorie counting. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in early December, have been taking the medication for 6 weeks now but with yet to see a difference in my weekly weight loss, I know it takes the body a while to get used to something new so I'm hoping in the next month I may start to see some noticeable changes.