core workouts

Options
Can anyone give me some good workouts that can really help me start to see my abs and gain stamina

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It won't be core workouts. Core workouts are nice for core strength, but with 30lbs to lose (per your profile) it will come from making sure you stay within a caloric deficit and waiting for your BF% to drop.

Core workouts are pretty inefficient when it comes to caloric burn. Research some solid lifting programs along with guideline cardio programs to help with stamina if you're completely new.
  • mazinhabs
    mazinhabs Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just talked about that yesterday.. I'm going to try this, my friend said she saw results with it... I'm trying to post the pinterest link, but it's not working... I'll attach the pic
  • mazinhabs
    mazinhabs Posts: 6 Member
    Options
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts are a great core exercise
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Core workouts are to stabilize your core muscles so you have better balance and avoid injury when you are doing the other stuff.
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    visit - www.bodybuilding.com - they have a great list of exercises that will help with your core. However abs are only 10 - 20% ab the exercise you do -- it is all in the diet.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Workouts alone will not get you to see your abs. Your food choices will. You have to get rid of the body fat. You need to eat good healthy foods....protein, veggies and lower carbs(breads, pastas etc).
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Compound moves will make your core stronger (squats, deadlifts, overhead press, etc.). Core specific moves will also make your core stronger (leg raises, planks, situps, etc.) But you have to lose the body fat on top before they become visible. You can work your core until you're blue in the face, but you won't see much (if anything) until the excess weight is lost and your body fat % gets low enough.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    kieron10 wrote: »
    Can anyone give me some good workouts that can really help me start to see my abs and gain stamina

Seeing abs is a function of low body fat percentage. Sure you can build up your abs a bit to make them stick out, but you still wont see them unless your BF% is VERY low (For men you will start seeing them at ~12% but for a legit 6-pack you need to be below 10% or so).

As for stamina, core work isn't going to do the trick. That is all cardio.

Keep losing weight until you see abs. Don't worry about specific exercises to make it happen.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of floor exercises (I have a bad neck/back), so I really like turbo jam videos. There is an ab video that is half floor and half standing (some cardio in the mix too) and then the cardio party 1,2, and 3 really work the abs! The first one the most. Good way to burn cals while working the abs since we all know abs are formed in the kitchen as well :) gotta get rid of the fat.