Cindo De Mayo temptations...

Options
Oops I meant "Cinco...:"

Ugh and yay! Our bosses surprised us with a surprise Mexican lunch buffet and since I'm the only Mexican here they wanted me to taste it and rate the food (I just moved here 10 months ago), I had 1 steak fajita taco and about 4tbsp of Guacamole now I feel super full because I ate it after I ate my healthy lunch now I only have 147 calories left for the day looks like I"ll have to add some good cardio after my weights this evening.

Replies

• sarahazelnut99
    sarahazelnut99 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    LOL omg ive been having such a hard time, my familys mexican too so when white people start getting all excited about tacos i cant help myself! ugh tonights going to be hard
  • chefchazz
    chefchazz Posts: 427
    Options
    oh dear! well, may i suggest another workout??
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    Ugh! I know! My friends and I are going out for our usual Cinco De Mayo celebration tonight (I am not Mexican, but I love margaritas) and I am almost 1000 over in my calories after dinner tonight. I am really going to have to step up my work out tonight.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Going over on calories once in a while is actually good for your body. If you go over one day a week you'll be less likely to have your metabolism slow down from the calorie deficit. So give yourselves a break and enjoy today without worrying about burning calories!
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mexican food is my absolute weakness!! I can eat and eat and eat until I fill like I'll explode!

I brought Campbell's Select Harvest Mexican-Style Chicken Tortilla Soup to observe Cinco De Mayo for lunch today. Although, the "real" food sounds so much better!
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    It is also my birthday today so I have double trouble. I'm going to enjoy in moderation and put in a few extra miles this weekend to make up for it.
  • djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    Going over on calories once in a while is actually good for your body. If you go over one day a week you'll be less likely to have your metabolism slow down from the calorie deficit. So give yourselves a break and enjoy today without worrying about burning calories!

I guess your right though I went over yesterday today but not by much.
  • CaelaXO
    CaelaXO Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love Mexican food and Im meeting my soroity sisters at a resturant tonite. To resist the food there, i plan to stop at Taco Bell on the way and get a fresco chicken taco. wont be as good as the restautant food, but oh well! Then I will have enough calories left to have 2 light beers with my friends and then head home!
  • xxjacqueline
    xxjacqueline Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/search?keyword=mexican+food&newsletter_type=2

I asked for some new recipes last night and someone put the hungry girl website on the topic. I searched it today for healthy mexican food, and found some great recipes. There is even one for a margarita that's low calorie. I love mexican food, so I was very happy to find some low calorie foods. Don't beat yourself up, which I know is easier said than done.