running trainers

Options
Hi, can anyone recommend some good running trainers that are cheapish?
I

Replies

• Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    running shoes are an individual thing. I would go someplace and have them suggest a shoe for you based on an analysis of your running....otherwise you could end up purchasing multiple shoes that don't work for you.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Curt911 wrote: »
    running shoes are an individual thing. I would go someplace and have them suggest a shoe for you based on an analysis of your running....otherwise you could end up purchasing multiple shoes that don't work for you.

So much this.
    And most of them aren't going to be "cheap-ish" unless you get the previous model on sale (which might not be right for you - for example, 3 years ago I was fit for the Saucony Guide 5 and returned them. I've been in the Saucony Guide 7s for almost a year and they're great and the 8s work for me as well. But the 5s didn't)
  • d_creasman
    d_creasman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for running shoes, then you don't go "cheap". My advice is to go to a running store, have them analyze your stride and foot fall in order to determine the best type of running shoe for your gait. You can then determine what is the best shoe for your budget.
  • Hennersby
    Hennersby Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just to add to this as well, its important to get the right shoes as it helps to prevent injury. As runners, we either underpronate, overpronate, or somewhere in between. This article goes into further detail:

http://www.runnersworld.com/tag/pronation

As Curt911 said, you can discover how you run via gait analysis, which is service generally performed at your local sports shop.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Get fitted at a running shoe store--then purchase them to keep them in business. You can ask to trial last years model which should be discounted, or look online for previous years models which could be discounted 75% (I have never been that lucky, but have gotten prior models at discounts of 50%).

Shoes are the one thing that you should invest in for yourself. It will help prevent injury, and keep you running.