I need help/motivation

Options
Hello everyone. I gave birth about seven months ago and I've been having the hardest time working out and losing weight. I need some tips on loosing weight. Please help me.

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is all about the calories. The number of calories you eat versus what you burn.

Focus on your intake first. Try to eat within the calorie goal that MFP has set for you while logging everything you eat.
  • kroff2003
    kroff2003 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Make small steps, best to not try all at once esp with a little baby. Also find something that motivates you, a picture of yourself you like, a smaller pair of jeans, etc. I remind myself of that daily.
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just watch your portions, watch your calories, and what food you put in your mouth. Think of healthier alternatives for what you are craving - check pinterest if you are craving something! You can easily find a yummy alternative on there. A good way to start out is set small goals for yourself - try to log in MFP for 20 days and have that be one small goal! set another small goal to losing a few pounds! A little goes a long way - if you get too crazy about it you will lose motivation. Changes will happen you just have to be patient. Also jump jump jump rope! it's a great workout :)
  • naomishaw7
    Options
    I'm unable to exercise through disability. How can I burn calories?
  • AngelaBianco82
    AngelaBianco82 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Its really hard when you are busy with children. Lots of stroller walks and if you have space I love Jillian Michaels workouts they are intense and short and I would put baby in bouncer or play yard near me and entertain them. Try your best
  • tbullucks2006
    tbullucks2006 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise. Not sure who said this but here is a true quote "you can't out train a bad diet." Exercise adds to your weight loss. What you eat kind of determines if you lose.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm unable to exercise through disability. How can I burn calories?

Depending on your disability, there are ways to burn calories. Just need to be creative. One way of finding suggestions, you can google it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Blauren, as you are just starting out, begin by tracking all your food for a few weeks. With some knowledge about your habits, you will have some ideas on how to change up your eating routines.

naomishaw, the good news is you burn calories just from living. I used the calorie counter below and it tells me even totally sedentary, I am burning about 1750 calories a day. Our brains are big calorie users (20%). We also each give off as much heat as a 60 watt light bulb. Your challenge will be to eat below your calorie burn. Little meals!

http://caloriecount.about.com/tools/calories-burned
  • lmaughan73
    lmaughan73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The best advice I've ever read about exercise is to keep trying new kinds until you find something you love and want to do. I'd add, to find a way to take away all your excuses. I like to run, but I don't like running on the cement trails near my home (it hurts!), I don't like running in the cold, and it was even "too much effort" to go to the gym. I now have a treadmill in my house. No more excuses. I now run an hour four times a week.

As the other comments have mentioned, set small goals - ones that are realistic, that you are really willing to commit to. If the goal is too daunting, you won't stick with it. Try exercising just a few minutes a day, a few times a week, or (for running or walking) a few miles a week. Start small and when that becomes easy for you, then add on.
  • Blauren77
    Blauren77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness... Thank you so much ladies.. I really appreciate it☺️
  • PammieSuzyQ
    PammieSuzyQ Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    MOTIVATIONAL VIDEO
    youtu.be/ORtf44oKCDo
  • PammieSuzyQ
    PammieSuzyQ Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    can't embed here? :/
  • tonneillevene
    tonneillevene Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning my Weightloss journey and it is really hard to stay focused. I am so use to doing the same things over and over again.