Workout music

Options
what is everyone's favorite music to listen to while working out? It's time to update my playlist. Any suggestions?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The Weeknd, PARTYNEXTDOOR, CHildish Gambino for leg days. For some reason something a little slower helps me press hard on leg days.... weird huh?

Heavy upper days consist of HELLYEAH, Pantera, Killswitch Engage, Wolfmother, Scar The Martyr, Periphery.
  • mommylane2015
    mommylane2015 Posts: 19
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Not weird at all! I actually feel the same way lol. Thank you for the suggestions @martyqueen52‌
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    The Weeknd, PARTYNEXTDOOR, CHildish Gambino for leg days. For some reason something a little slower helps me press hard on leg days.... weird huh?

Heavy upper days consist of HELLYEAH, Pantera, Killswitch Engage, Wolfmother, Scar The Martyr, Periphery.

I can't get into that guy like the weeknd. I can listen to R&B all day during whatever activity I am doing.

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like Beyoncé, Paramore, Lady Gaga, Imagine Dragons, Kanye West, Shinedown, Bruno Mars, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera, Jessie Ware, Rihanna, etc.

I like a lot of pop music. I personally like to have a mix of fast paced and slower paced songs. But that's just me.
  • sarahjob76
    sarahjob76 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tear it Up - Delta Spirit, Reflektor - Arcade Fire, Dog Days are Over - Florence & the Machine, We Don't Stop (live)- Michael Franti, Treasure - Bruno Mars, Electric Relaxation - Tribe called Quest, Don't Stop - Foster the People...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite workout songs is Fergalicious by Fergie. Whenever I hear it, I just want to break into burpees.
  • Kittens08
    Kittens08 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Anything by Pitbull, but then you will want to start dancing :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Kittens08 wrote: »
    Anything by Pitbull, but then you will want to start dancing :)

old Pitbull yes. Now Pitbull boring. His first album I bought twice.

• mommylane2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

I can't get into that guy like the weeknd. I can listen to R&B all day during whatever activity I am doing.

Most of my music on my iPod is r&b. I'm a huge fan!
  • mommylane2015
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the suggestions!
  • JourneyToWonderWoman
    Options
    I love dance music for my workouts because I usually go along to the beat when I do cardio. Avicii is my absolute favorite!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Here's my playlist. I've got everything from country to rap to pop.

This is really just for lifting, so it's not all upbeat happy music that would be good for running or other cardio.
  • dogwelderx
    Options
    I listen to a wide range of music when I work out, but I'm afraid I do that thing where most of the music I like is from around when I was in high school. In my case, that means lots of eighties New Wave music.

Here's a list of my music from a few years ago. My current list is (slightly) more diverse.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YWYBlQ6-Td0OHAxX9PWtrURnSqHjipF5BXTJ7KZQCQw/edit?usp=sharing
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I can't handle pop music, it doesn't get me going at all. My gym blares pop music so I tune it out with my own playlist.

I have an entire playlist labled "Cycling". It's all Mudvayne and Alesana. Sometimes when I'm hitting those inclines I need to be screamed at to make it to the top so the music helps. :smiley:

Then my gym playlist is Kellys Workout. It's Mudvayne, Alesana, Hollywood Undead (...), Slipknot, Godsmack, and Brandy, You're A Fine Girl by Looking Glass. Hehe :)
  • sydwal
    sydwal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First ever comment as I'm a noob but music is really important to me and I like most stuff but when working out it has to be a steady 120bpm groove so I mix my own House - usually Hed Kandi from about 2000 until 2010. Classic, uplifting hands in the air music that makes you work that little bit harder. It has to be happy music for me. I get where the metal heads are coming from but when working up a sweat it's not for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpXvFtgQfl4
  • sydwal
    sydwal Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ...oh and I'm 55 going on 25 ha ha.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    www.steady130.com

They make great mixes with different tempos, genres, sometimes band specific, etc. I have gotten everything from 90s hip hop to current top 40 to remixes of heavy metal or classic rock. And it's free.