How to lose weight in your arms? How to get toned arms?

Options
Hi! I'm struggling to find good exercises that I know will work for my arms. I've started my weight loss journey a year ago and I cant seem to get my arms to change at all! It is so frustrating because right now my arms and my stomach are my biggest trouble areas.

Any ideas would be great!

Replies

• MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred did wonders for my arms. I've since reverted back to the jiggle though... :/
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight/fat.

Exercises where you push weight away from you (presses, push-ups, etc) will help the back of your arms, pulling weight towards you (rows, pull-ups, curls, etc) will help the top/front of your arms .
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    did great things for my shoulders too!!
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yoga, especially vinaysa flow. My triceps and biceps love/hate all those damned chaturangas.
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Yoga, especially vinaysa flow. My triceps and biceps love/hate all those damned chaturangas.

Yes! Yoga has given me muscle definition in my arms for the first time ever!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Those are two different questions. Strength training will "tone" your arms (lots of ways to do this). Weight loss in general while maintaining muscle mass will make them look leaner. Maintaining muscle mass means you have to lose weight slowly and have adequate protein intake. Crash diets and rapid weight loss will leech the muscle off the body.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I need help in the upper arm area too. My is mainly loose skin though. I have muscle definition there but I don't think any thing is gonna help my bat wings after loosing so much weight except surgery. I continue to do strength training to help and not give up on it though!
  • willow_bleu
    Options
    spfldpam wrote: »
    I need help in the upper arm area too. My is mainly loose skin though. I have muscle definition there but I don't think any thing is gonna help my bat wings after loosing so much weight except surgery. I continue to do strength training to help and not give up on it though!

Try "it works". It's a wrap designed to help loose weight. I've found that it worked wonders for tightening skin. A friend of mine that had lost a lot of weight was struggling with the loose skin that made her look bigger than she was, she did one wrap for 45 minutes and lost six inches. It worth a try and cheaper than surgery
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I have heard of those wraps. The salon has someone that sells them where i get my hair done at. I really don't think it would help though. I have lost over 120 pounds and had been obese my entire life and at 51 years old I don't think it would help. Thanks for the info though!

Try "it works". It's a wrap designed to help loose weight. I've found that it worked wonders for tightening skin. A friend of mine that had lost a lot of weight was struggling with the loose skin that made her look bigger than she was, she did one wrap for 45 minutes and lost six inches. It worth a try and cheaper than surgery
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

No, just no.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Lose body fat and you'll lose fat in your arms.

And please for the love of all that is holy, don't spend any money on wraps.