Yoga DVD's

Options
Okay so I work 3 jobs and don't always have a ton of time to work out or try a class or even go to the gym. As far as workouts/exercise I mostly lift weights and hike for cardio in my free time. I have been wanting to try Yoga for some time now as I would like something to help with stretching, flexability, and relaxation. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good beginners DVD that I can try at home? Something maybe half hour long? Thanks :smile:

Replies

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I tried 2 by Element based on recommendations and I like them. I was also able to find them at the local Barnes and Noble. The beginner's one is good but it is a heck of a workout! There are also a few on Amazon that I'm interested in getting. I searched "yoga for fat girls" LOL and found a couple that are interesting. Heavyweight Yoga: Yoga for the Body you Have Now has great reviews and I'm going to try it soon.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    DDP Yoga
  • LovingLifeInCalifornia
    LovingLifeInCalifornia Posts: 9,362 Member
    Options
    Another way to try (and free) is to use youtube. :) Here's a beginner's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBu-pQG6sTY

I've not tried it myself yet, but I plan to. :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of Elements dvds. I have this dvd:

amazon.com/Element-Strength-Flexibility-Ashley-Turner/dp/B00DLX766Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1421168438&sr=1-2&keywords=Ashley+Turner

And it's pretty good. I don't think you can go wrong with the Element brand.
  • JeffGDDG
    JeffGDDG Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like Tara Stiles This is Yoga.
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga Studio on my ipad - I think it was $3.99.
  • sophiek1964
    sophiek1964 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I learned from Rodney Yee's DVD collection. His beginner DVD also has a section in which he goes through all the main poses and explains them. I highly recommend it.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions it is greatly appreciated :smile:
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I get all of my videos off of http://www.half.com
    if I see one in my price range (<$1), I'll check the reviews on amazon and go from there. that way, if I don't like it, I'm only out about $5.
  • picnic2day
    picnic2day Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for the Yoga with Adriene on YouTube (the big picture which is on the thread). Started off with the beginners vids and now making my way through the 30day challenge.

I've never done yoga before doing these, it's all explained as you go so ideal for beginners ... and they're quite short so easy to fit in and not too daunting
    :)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Try doyogawithme.com (it's free and has tons of videos). I also like DDP Yoga and Element has some great videos you can get really cheap off Amazon.