Weight Loss Surgery

Options
Is there a group on here for those who have had weight loss surgery?

Is there a way to reflect that in the food logging so it allows you to eat less than 1200 calories per day with out getting the "you should eat more" warning?

Replies

• Mom2Cubs
    Mom2Cubs Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I haven't found a group, per se, but I have made about 8 friends that have all had VSG. Feel free to add me. I had surgery 8/18/14.
  • JoyHarm
    Options
    Anyone else out there who have had Weight Loss Surgery who are willing to "become friends" so we can help motivate each other? :happy:
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    I'm 7 days post op. I'm looking for friends who have had or having weight loss surgery.
  • realhousewife_windsor
    Options
    I will be your friend just add me please, I don't know how to add friends
  • onmyweightohappiness
    Options
    I had RNY June 2010 - lost 140 lbs and managed to maintain that loss for almost 3 years now, feel free to add me or pick my brain!
  • Sharbear73
    Sharbear73 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm having surgery next month (the sleeve). Would love some new friends also.
  • DAMfatBlog
    DAMfatBlog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve done in July and couldn’t be happier. I blog at www.damfat.wordpress.com and there are a lot of other sleeve people that chat there as well.
  • McGlitterPants
    McGlitterPants Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am having weight loss surgery. Feel free to add me :)
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    So, how do we start an actual group?

I had gastric bypass surgery on 11/18/14.
  • ksaturn02
    Options
    Any advice for someone considering weight loss surgery?
  • PALady4JC
    PALady4JC Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ksaturn02 wrote: »
    Any advice for someone considering weight loss surgery?

I had gastric bypass surgery on 11/18/14. I'm doing great. Be sure to have the surgery done at a Center for Excellence. There are, of course, risks as with any surgery. I had mine at St. Luke's Hospital in Allentown, PA. Their statistics are high compared to the national average. I at one time was very opposed to weight loss surgery thinking of it as an easy way out. I was borderline diabetic (in a family where many have died due to complication from the disease), had high cholesterol and high blood pressure, and struggled with being obese for a very long time. I am 57 pounds down. So for me the pros definitely outweigh the cons. Be sure to attend information sessions, research, and talk to other bariatric patients to be mentally, emotionally, and physically prepared. It is NOT an easy way out. It's a tool. Almost everyone I've met at support groups who was diabetic is no longer diabetic or their insulin dosage has been drastically reduced. I was taken off blood pressure and cholesterol medicine the day after surgery and both are in normal range. I started out wanting the sleeve, but conversations with my surgeon led me to decide to do the bypass. Check out http://mystlukesonline.activeboards.net/forums.html. It's a forum of bariatric patients started by St. Luke's, but anyone can participate. You'll get a good feel for patients' experiences, ups, downs, regrets, etc. Best success on your journey, whichever path you choose!