What Exercises Do You Enjoy Most???

Options

Replies

• quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like the music but mostly bouncing/walking on my rebounder to good music while watching a virtual hike (Virtual active or some stuff on youtube), Jessica Smith's 'walks', Leslie Sansone, Ellen Barrett and some yoga/qi gong - walking outside at park when the weather is nice
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lifting weights. I really like rows and bench press. I was kind of hating back squats but now love goblet squats and hope that carries over to the barbell at some point.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Chewing! :)
    Walking outside in spring and fall. (Winter is too cold and Summer too hot)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    swimming, cycling, running... lifting... it's all fun.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Hiking - absolutely my favorite by far. Because I'm in the great outdoors and I live in a mountainous area. I love to completely exhaust myself climbing a big hill to look down on creation and know I just did that!

Others I like are swimming, canoeing, biking, gardening, yard work, chopping wood (though not so much stacking it), dancing, Wii fitness games, shooting hoops, batting cages, badminton, frisbee
  • radiyanoor112
    radiyanoor112 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I keep changing my workout routine, as I get bored with stuff easily.
    For the winter, I am doing Crossfit type workout and running/ rowing for cardio.
  • Anngbabi
    Options
    I live on the ARC trainer!! I love that machine. The total body one is my favorite, and with right playlist, the calories literally fall off in less time than any cardio I've ever practiced.

Also, I like Zumba and the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels. I'm in the beginner/intermediate phase, so those are really effective.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Swimming. I do an hour of laps 3 x a week and follow it up with a 50 minute water aerobics class. I stay motivated because I love it and I love the results, plus I get both cardio and strengthening in the same exercise. I have a waterproof IPod that I use when swimming laps and can just zone out and enjoy my workout.
  • cheeftaylor
    cheeftaylor Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    For me it has to be something that feels like it has another purpose other than just exercising, so its all about bmxing and boxing for me. But not always at the same time.
  • Danimalrunsagain
    Danimalrunsagain Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Running and cycling! Sadly I live in Iowa where it is currently cold and the streets are packed with snow and ice so right now all I'm doing is running. Some days I look longingly at my bike dreaming of hopping on for a 100 mile ride.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    trboden wrote: »
    Cycling. Get out on a quiet road where all you hear is the tires whirring on the pavement...very peaceful.

So much this. I can ride for HOURS. I got aerobars for christmas, and can't wait to get them fitted, so I can ride faster and longer! :smiley: Riding inside on the trainer in the winter isn't quite as much fun, but I know it will make me faster once I'm out on the road again in the spring (not to mention making me a better runner)...and bonus - I'm catching up on TV shows that I never watched (into season 4 of How I Met Your Mother right now). :)

But my true passion is triathlon. I love swimming, I LURVE cycling, and I actually enjoy running now (this is s somewhat new phenomenon for me)...so putting all three together is awesome. Add to that the comradarie of my fellow triathletes (a few of whom are now some of my best friends), and I'm a happy camper! :smiley:

• LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Emberlain wrote: »
    I tried a few things but stopped searching once I found weightlifting. I enjoy it so much it's not remotely a chore or a necessity, but a hobby and something I really look forward to.

I've been running on and off for about 8 months. Honestly, I don't really enjoy it and probably never will, but I sort of like the being outside, the outfit, the large calorie number on my HRM and getting to eat them back, and the eventual sensation of finishing the run. So... I like the whole experience of running, but I dislike the actual running bit.

I can totally relate on the running--I really hate the actual activity of running, but I love the full body workout and high calorie burn that it provides and the feeling after a good run. I'll have to try weightlifting, since we have a similar attitude towards running. :smile:

I also really enjoy yoga and hiking, although they don't provide the same level of calorie burn as running. Hiking takes some of the pleasant aspects of running (the outdoors, sense of accomplishment, etc.) without actually having to run.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I love HIIT workouts like Insanity, Insanity Max 30, and TurboFire. I also enjoy weightlifting at the gym 3 times a week.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Lifting heavy and Yin Yoga.

Swimming and downhill skiing are the only cardio things I enjoy, the rest nauseate me. I think I don't handle temperature regulation well, I also whine like a baby all summer. The pool and the ski slope help me stay cool!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Running, HIIT, TRX and cross fit...yeah I have a lot I like to do.

On a really bad day and people have annoyed me I love body combat!
  • ItIsTJ
    ItIsTJ Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    - Handstand push ups (and practicing it's variations)
    - Planche Push Ups
    - Pretty much all advanced body weight exercises

- Squatting
    - Deadlifting

+/- 80% of my training is Calisthenics based and the rest is weighted (such as Deadlifting, Squatting etc)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    if i had to pick one, the deadlift.
    the feeling of pulling a bunch of weight off the ground as your whole body kicks in to make it happen as a well-oiled machine is tough to beat in my opinion.

So much this. There is nothing like the feeling of a technically perfect deadlift.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    if i had to pick one, the deadlift.
    the feeling of pulling a bunch of weight off the ground as your whole body kicks in to make it happen as a well-oiled machine is tough to beat in my opinion.

So much this. There is nothing like the feeling of a technically perfect deadlift.

So much love for this. My DL weight is low compared to most people, but it's more than doubled in the month I've been lifting, and I feel like such a MONSTER every time I do one.

And, strictly from a point of vanity, I think my hindquarters are visibly happy with deadlifts already. Plus I carried all my grocery bags in the house in one go today because apparently there are practical applications for this stuff. :)

• getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    lifting weights! and when i do cardio, i prefer HIIT workouts, because they are fast and i hate cardio... i also love outrigger canoe paddling though! the one cardio that i can do for hours!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Swimming. I love swimming. I'm training to be a marathon swimmer because it is awesome.