What is your motivation?

Options
What has you motivated? What keeps you going when you feel like giving up? Mine is weight loss, yes. But now that I'm 40 I want to be healthy and fit. I'm on no medications and I want to keep it that way.

Replies

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do a long open water swim without getting myself killed in the process.
  • lcshuey
    lcshuey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want my kids to have healthy habits - I hate seeing them repeat our family patterns.
  • Heather1983v
    Heather1983v Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feeling confident about myself / living a healthy life & being a good example to my step sons.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I want to be fit enough to do a competition called miss muddy. It's similar to tough mudder but not as intense.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    <--- I made a vow and a promise to the Big Guy. :) It would be completely dishonorable to break my promise. I did it out of a genuine desire to improve.
  • louzeeanaman
    louzeeanaman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Simply to be a best version of me I can be.
  • mickeybrook
    mickeybrook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I first started my job I was at a healthy weight of 117 lbs. After lots and lots of stress eating I ballooned up to 154 lbs. I am now down to 134 lbs but I want to go back to my prior weight since I was happier there and feel like I have a better control of the stress levels in my life.

Additionally, I'm getting married in October! I want to start my marriage and new family with the right foot down.

So double the reasons, double the motivation.
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have to keep up with my one year old! Im tired of feeling sluggish and tired. I feel soooo much better when i stick to fruits and veggies and the occassional lean meats. I feel lighter. I did a juice faste for 4 days and i felt so amazing it made me realize how horrid i was feeling before. Now when i go out to eat or indulge in something fatty sugarry and processed it makes be feel like crap. Its like a constant reminder of why im doing it. I think everyone's body is different. Its silly to think one thing works for everyone. For me, i know my body wants me to be a vegetarian.....mind you, i disagree vehemently!
  • mlckeon
    mlckeon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My motivation is being able to maintain a healthy life for my little ones and set a example that the most difficult things you can accomplish success.
  • ClaireTonito
    ClaireTonito Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My motivation is oddly Pinterest! Finally found the style and clothes I want to dress in, this is the year to be successful at obtaining that wardrobe.

Another motivation is the Rocky movies :smiley: I'm not joking-watch even the first one and when out walking (or doing whatever exercise you are doing) if you feel like slowing down or turning back earlier than you are suppose to ask yourself WWRD? What Would Rocky Do? I swear that helped me for quite a few weeks :blush: Though any movie character who trains hard and keeps going despite the odds stacked against them could be used not just Rocky.