Dancing the weight off??

Options
2»

Replies

• Jordynnsmom
    Jordynnsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do! I love it. I put my ipod on and dance for at least 30 minutes. Usually I do it after I put my family to bed and take some alone time. I actually look forward to it. Good luck.
  • scumbelina
    Options
    Is anyone else here also using dancing as a form of exercise? I love dancing, mostly line dances, any recommendations of what I can add to my playlist?

I usually do:
    Copperhead Road
    The Electric Slide
    Wobble
    Just Fine (go hard or go home)

I love line dancing! mainly to country music, but you can use whatever music you like that fits. Here's a couple I enjoy to the songs I do them to :)

'Tush Push' to There's your trouble - Dixie Chicks
    'Cowboy Casanova' to Cowboy Casanova - Carrie Underwood (choreo by Earleen Wolford)
    'Trashy Womer' to Trashy Women - Confederate Railroad

You can find them on youtube.

Have fun!!
  • secretiive
    secretiive Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else here also using dancing as a form of exercise? I love dancing, mostly line dances, any recommendations of what I can add to my playlist?

I usually do:
    Copperhead Road
    The Electric Slide
    Wobble
    Just Fine (go hard or go home)

I love line dancing! mainly to country music, but you can use whatever music you like that fits. Here's a couple I enjoy to the songs I do them to :)

'Tush Push' to There's your trouble - Dixie Chicks
    'Cowboy Casanova' to Cowboy Casanova - Carrie Underwood (choreo by Earleen Wolford)
    'Trashy Womer' to Trashy Women - Confederate Railroad

You can find them on youtube.

Have fun!!

I adore country music, Copperhead Road is one of my favorites... and Josh Turner (woo) lol. I'll check out the recommendations =D!!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Check out the web site learn2dance4fun. This is for the Rockin Horse Dance Barn in Renton Wa. Look up line dancing classes. They have several different levels. On line you will find the step sheets and suggested music for each line dance. I take classes for the social network and exercise it's so much fun dancing to country or beach boys, black eyed peas etc. Have fun!
  • kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Love copperhead road. I also like Mr. Blue Sky, ELO
    Get's my toe tapping every time.
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Michael Jackson Experience and the Balck Eye Peas Experience for the Wii!!! You doesn't love MJ and that dude was SKINNY!!!! Just Dance and Zumba are good also!! If you like Country they have a Country Dance Version. Just got ABBA You Can Dance, but it isn't as high intensity so not my fav.....

My suggestion is to rent them first and then decide which ones you want to buy. Then find them at a Gamestop of CD Trading Post.
  • blen85
    blen85 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 & 3.. I recently borrowed my friends Wii fit board & Wii fit plus.. which its slowly getting boring.. Anybody ever try Dance Dance Revolution for the wii and seen results????
  • cjaneplay79
    cjaneplay79 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! Not sure if you check this post often anymore (probably not) but, Blurred Lines is a good one. There are some pretty good instructionals on You Tube also. Of course, there are different variations. :-)
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    My wife and I do some country dancing but I'm not sure how much exercise I would consider it. We can work-up a sweat sometimes but it's not bad I guess. I will say my calves tend to burn because I have to take small steps due to her being much shorter than me. "Slapping Leather" is fun and did that a while back, but it's been a while and have forgotten most of it.