Need some support!

Options
I quit working about a year ago, and gained about 50 lbs, and I was already about 8lbs over my goal weight then. I am starting a new job on Monday, and realized I can't fit into any of my old work clothes. Yikes!! I don't know anyone else who is on this journey, so hoping someone out there will be my motivation buddy. :)

Much thanks!!

Jan

Replies

• daisyls85
    daisyls85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have about 50 to lose also. I lost about 45 two years ago using MFP, and then had 2 more kids! I'm done having kids and want to lose the weight and fit all those clothes I had just bought and never really got to wear when I lost weight last time! You can add me and we can support each other!
  • azneverland
    azneverland Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's nice to have a whole community working on the same goals I am. :). Thanks for helping with my weight loss!!
  • Pinktitanium2013
    Options
    Pls add me
  • NRgeticMomma
    NRgeticMomma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to ad me too. I am also trying to lose 30 lbs after having 3 babies in 4 years.
  • ademott2015
    ademott2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! I still have baby weight to lose and it has been five yrs! Making 2015 the time to lose about 32lbs!
  • megellcor71
    megellcor71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me.....you can do this. Getting back to work is good for you, buy a few clothes that fit, you don't want to be so uncomfortable on your first day! Good luck
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this add me
  • NatalieAnna4732
    Options
    My app is working correctly and won't allow me to add friends, PLEASE add me :))
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 50 pounds in the last year by using MFP and exercising. I still have about 70-90 pounds to lose before I r4each my ultimate goal. You can add me too if you want an additional friend.
  • Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. We can keep each other accountable and stay on this path to a healthier life and not just a minimal weight loss. I am currently down 31lbs and have about 80 to go.
  • jenfigmar
    Options
    You can add me. :)
  • lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa. I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure and I damaged my heart from my crummy diet. God was tapping on my shoulder to make a change, but I was ignoring Him. You can only ignore God so long before He gives you a kick in the backside. I weighed 327 lbs. and I got that kick. After being rushed to the ER, I vowed to eat healthy and I lost 130 lbs. I started swimming laps even though I am a crummy swimmer, and in the winter I was walking, only a mile a day due to knee problems but it's helped. Then I hurt my knee again and went to PT. (Walking is still more difficult.) I still watched my diet but I decided not to continue to be as strict, I was going to "maintain" for awhile. After losing all that weight even though I still had weight to lose. For awhile I was doing great but I've started slipping gradually. Constant knee problems made it hard to walk and though I watch my salt I did allow more carbs into my diet. Right now, I haven't swam since the summer. Anyway, I vowed I was not going to allow myself to regain all my weight back so here I am. I feel the Lord, tapping on my shoulder again and I'm not ignoring Him this time! So I weighed myself yesterday and I have gained back almost 50 lbs over the last 2 years! I thought I gained back about 25! How we live in denial! I almost hit the floor. The diet I followed last time was a medical diet given me, it is a diabetic diet to help control my sugars and also to lose weight. So I count carbs, not calories. I must eat 5 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. The meals are only 45 carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus 2 ounces protein at lunch, 3 ounces protein at dinner. Snacks are only 15 carbs allowed. I have to measure everything. I have a little scale and I have some measuring cups that I use. If you eyeball it, you will give yourself more. It is a 1800 calorie diet, if you count calories. One of the ways I messed up is that I started allowing myself to go out to eat on the weekends. Good on diet all week, go out to eat on Sunday after church. Then it was Saturday AND Sunday! Dieting the first time I didn't go out to eat very often. And when I did, I cut my portions in half before I took my first bite. I had stopped doing that also. Anyway, to help me kick off my diet again, I told my husband no going out to eat for at least 3 months (New Year's resolution). Right now I'm trying to figure out how to work the myfitnessplan stuff. I can only have 3 ounces of protein at dinner, but the diary has lowest amount as 4 ounces. Is there a way of changing that? I kept a food diary in a notebook when I lost weight last time, but my husband bought me a Fitbit and it links to myfitnesspal and he thinks this will be better so I'm going to give it a go. (Fitbit won't let you count carbs while myfitnesspal will.) I'm hoping that having friends who understand what I'm trying to do, will help. I know the only reason I lost weight before is because of God. My self-control is bad and I am weak. I've found if I stop and pray, God will help me not to cheat. It's still hard, but He helps me through. It's hard to remember to do that sometimes! I know that I have to pray each and every time I'm tempted. And I'm tempted a lot! If you add me as a friend I hope we can help each other and pray for each other.
  • caryestremera787
    Options
    Hi, my name is cary..im 25yrs old mother of 3beautiful childrens.
    All my life i been in 125-130lb and even went i had 2 children.now im 165