skinny mom!

Options
5ft4 and I'll be lucky to see 107 on a scale.
I had my daughter and weight was 140.. But quickly went back to my stick thin 102-105 figure. I was pretty crushed. Any tips on eating more calories? I have a hard time getting over 1500

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Eat full fat everything, peanut butter, nuts, avocados, calorie dene foods will help u. Try drinking ur calories as well
  • firstkissloser
    firstkissloser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I've been tracking what I eat, trying to eat over 2500 cal/day. I still eat pretty healthy and I've gained over 5lbs. I eat lots of meats, dense carbs, and eat more often. Because my stomach was so tiny, I had to stretch it. Just track what you eat and Google foods to gain weight.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary. 1500 is very low and you should easily be able to eat over 2500 unless you are doing a volumetrics diet style of eating.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Google homemade mass-gainer shakes. Easy way to slam down large amounts of cals. Whole milk, pb, bananas, etc are some of the ingredients you can whack in there to crank the volume up to 11.
  • annettenucaro777
    annettenucaro777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Protein. I had gastric bypass and lost 183 lbs. now I have to set alarms to tell me when to eat. My stomach is the size of an egg. So they had me add dry milk to a lot of recipes. It has no taste really. I put it in soups. Then use the bullet to mix it in, or chillie. It will help you tremendously. You will gain,"Healthy" muscle weight. Google double milk recipes.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Why are you not able to get over 1500 most days? Are you physically full or will you just not let yourself eat more? Have you ever been diagnosed with an eating disorder? I'm just asking because most of us have no trouble getting in 1500+ calories (I could easily do that in a meal, let alone an entire day). I have to wonder if it's a physical thing or a mental thing.

If it's mental, I'd see a doctor about it. If it's physical, I'd say you're just going to have to push through it and eat even when you're not hungry. Replace low calorie foods you eat with high calorie foods. Try mass gainer shakes. You don't necessarily need to eat more food in order to eat more calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    ice cream, the answer is always ice cream...
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Eat something like this:

Super6lbs.jpg
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    If you struggle with eating more food, try higher calorie drinks
  • jme02050
    Options
    I love food, but the food I happen to love isn't high in calories I noticed. I snack lots on random stuff. And some days have zero appetite at all. I tried muscle milk this morning and it made my tummy cramp up. I'm trying :) only started this 6 days ago
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    pizza, ice cream, cookies, bagels, cream cheese, full fat cottage cheese, rice, potatoes, steak, etc, etc...
  • noomom
    noomom Posts: 4
    Options
    I am having a hard time hitting my target calories too. I am going to try some shakes with whole milk and peanut butter in them. I also have alarms set to remind me to eat. I find myself reaching for fresh veggies - I'll add some ranch dressing or soft cheese with them!
  • jme02050
    Options
    Finally was able to hit 2300 today!
  • rasqueenebony
    Options
    I use Ensure Plus and Clif bars to help reach my calorie intake goal.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    jme02050 wrote: »
    Finally was able to hit 2300 today!

Well done! Your appetite should come back soon too, and you'll find it easier.

• webuiltthisnicky
    webuiltthisnicky Posts: 84 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Wish I had your problem, but I'm sure you hear that rubbish all the time so I'll get to it.

My friend is just like this, and being super skinny has ruined her self esteem. She spent years stuffing herself with junk food and sweets and takeaway hoping it'd make her get bigger, but sadly no.

She found that when she avoided fatty food and instead went for big hearty, homemade dinners (with lots of meat, potatoes, tonnes of veg etc) she put on. She switched chocolate spread in her sandwiches for peanut butter, changed waffles in the morning for chunky brown toast and scrambled egg. Stuff like that. I don't know what that means in terms of her metabolism. Apparently she's still finding it hard to put on anything, but the scales do go up when she goes for stodge instead of fat. Not sure if that will help you at all?
  • jme02050
    Options
    Yes that does help :)
    I do however love meat n potatoes meals. I just have issues keeping up and eating like that everyday. I stuffed myself yesterday and dont feel one bit hungrey this morning.
    Hard to eat when you arnt hungry lol.
    I'm trying to gain in muscle mass to help and some stretching as im deffinetly not as flexible as I once was as a teenager.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    What tends to happen to me when I up my calories is that I feel stuffed for about a week, then it's like my appetite catches up and I'll be starving for another week on that same intake. If you can ride out the first week (when it seems like there's no way you can eat that much) without caving and dropping your intake, it'll get much easier :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Adding in things like fruit juices and liquid calories or calorie dense food (that has less of a volume) should help with feeling overfull and still get calories in. Milk, juices, full fat cheeses, nuts/nut butters, etc.
  • kaitlynescalante
    Options
    I have trouble hitting my goal too. 1500 does seem difficult honestly, and that's from feeling full. Thanks for posting this OP, the responses were helpful. :)