Ladeeeez...your underwear choices.

Options
1. I am officially over cotton.
2. I sweat. A lot. (See point 1).
3. I prefer not to go commando except under bike shorts.
4. I'm set in the thong department (Under Armour Pure Stretch, nylon/spandex, highly recommend!), but I'm looking for briefs to wear under loose shorts. The UA version...turned into a thong. :p

What has worked for you?

Replies

• jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Under Armour. Snug, holds everything in place, wicks sweat, reduces friction and feels comfortable.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This thread is pointless without pictures.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This thread is pointless without pictures.

Yes I agree, you will have to demonstrate what you mean, im lost as well. ;)
  • sbarfoot01
    Options
    Have run two marathons in two years from never running before. Tried and tested a LOT of pants! Best out there in my opinion are from Decathlon. Think this is UK based but they have a website. They're called Kalenji Briefs and are cheap as chips! :smile:
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I swear by Victoria's Secret in and out of the gym. The no show sport panties are nice!
  • Bigwig236
    Bigwig236 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Grey Y-fronts. Very underrated.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love Soma for bras and panties.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Under Armour. Snug, holds everything in place, wicks sweat, reduces friction and feels comfortable.

Interesting how you recommend it and say its snug yet OP says UA turns into a thong. Is this because there is not a "band" around the leg holes?

I bought some microfiber boy shorts style panties because I read a good review on a blog by a woman who has lost a lot of weight. She said they hold everything in place also but on me they rode up in back. It must be different body types.

I was looking at these : http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/dkny-seductive-lights-shaping-briefs/3926781?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=Skinny+Dip%2F+Tusk&resultback=2644&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_7_A but think they might roll up in back also.

I've been using these http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/bali-firm-control-lace-trim-microfiber-brief-2-pack-x054?ID=483710 because I like the high cut legs with lace insert yet full coverage in back on bottom, but they don't go smaller than a medium so won't work for smaller women. These really do stay in place. Probably more coverage (higher) than many want though. Clothes sure slide on easily over these and they are just firm enough to not feel jiggly, in case that is an issue for anyone else.

Going to bookmark this thread in hopes there are some more ideas.
    55835802.png
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Jockey for Her's appropriately named "Comfees." I like the cotton hipsters, but they also do a microfiber version and do briefs, french cuts, and bikinis as well.

Me no likey thongs. I've spent the last 40-odd years trying to keep my underpants OUT of there, I can't imagine putting it in on purpose.
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This 19-year-old unashamedly wears big granny knickers like 60% of the time. They're comfortable, I don't have a romantic partner, nobody's going to see them... so why not? The other 40% of the time I have cute cat knickers because I like cats.
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    ricrengifo wrote: »

Stop that. My eyes are bleeding.
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually go commando, but I do like these a lot: http://www.exofficio.com/products/womens/underwear
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    1. I am officially over cotton.
    2. I sweat. A lot. (See point 1).
    3. I prefer not to go commando except under bike shorts.
    4. I'm set in the thong department (Under Armour Pure Stretch, nylon/spandex, highly recommend!), but I'm looking for briefs to wear under loose shorts. The UA version...turned into a thong. :p

What has worked for you?

Cotton is rotten!

I don't wear underwear. At all.

I don't get #3. Why would you wear underwear under bike shorts but not under any other shorts? IMO, commando is way more comfortable in ANY workout gear, period.

• cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    jpaulie wrote: »

Interesting how you recommend it and say its snug yet OP says UA turns into a thong. Is this because there is not a "band" around the leg holes?

Yes. The product description claims the seamlessness prevents panty lines. Which is technically accurate, but not quite for the reason they want to be.

I don't get #3. Why would you wear underwear under bike shorts but not under any other shorts? IMO, commando is way more comfortable in ANY workout gear, period.

Ah, I *don't* wear underwear under bike shorts (with chamois/padding). Why...well, there's the aesthetic issue--the padding means no cameltoe by default--but mostly it's because, well, let's just say many distance cyclists find it more expedient to pee in transitu. I don't need an extra layer up in that business. >:)

I prefer underwear with other workout gear because (a) cameltoe (b) chafing (c) my inner 10-year-old boy just KNOWS some yahoo at the gym is gonna sneak up and pants me as a prank.

The Moving Comfort runderwear has great reviews on Road Runners and decent ones on Amazon. Anyone have experience with those?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Doesn't the center seam get a little too affectionate when going commando in spandex tights/yoga pants? I love my comfy workout pants, but not in the Biblical sense.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Doesn't the center seam get a little too affectionate when going commando in spandex tights/yoga pants? I love my comfy workout pants, but not in the Biblical sense.

lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I dunno. I just wear cotton briefs from VS. I guess maybe I don't sweat that much.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of the Moving Comfort underwear and I love them. They're true to size in the L and don't give me a wedgie or show lines under leggings. Totally worth the extra $$.
  • francesmarieg
    francesmarieg Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    dizzzigrl wrote: »
    I swear by Victoria's Secret in and out of the gym. The no show sport panties are nice!

totally agree! : )