Bride to be needs focus and support!

Options
Hi, I'm Deanna. 32. self-employed. Out of shape but OK with it till now...
Well last year on September 24 2014 the man I love asked me to be his wife! It's been a whirl wind of emotions and holidays. But now crunch time is on me. We've set the date 7/22/2015. It feels like tomorrow! I don't have massive weight I'd like to lose about 15 lbs or so but with stress, work and my sweet tooth; it will be an uphill climb. I'm looking for a few friendly people to lend me a ear and a word when I need it and I'll do the same back! I plan on being active on this site and I'm looking for the same back. I'm more than my weight or a label. Everyone in the world is as well. Shedding my label with my number and starting my journey to seeing myself differently. :D

Replies

• mhauswir18
    Options
    Hi Deanna! I'm Megan, I'm 24 and getting married 8/8/15! We're totally in the same boat. I would like to lose 15, but more than anything, I just want to feel comfortable and proud of the way I look. I would like to be fit and toned. But I do not eat healthy. So I've started a clean eating habit this week and a workout schedule and it's gone great so far.

It'd be great to help each other through the next several months! Also, congrats on the engagement!
  • DeannaLP1982
    Options
    Hi Megan, Let me start by saying congrats to you as well! Glad to find another person walking the same road as me. I'm starting my workout plan tomorrow. Here looking forward to the next couple of months and all it's changes. :smile:
  • brudandrade
    Options
    Hello brides! Brazilian bride here! I'm also 24, I'm getting married on May 2nd! My precious tip to you girls: start right now! I went all stressed up about renovating the apartment, moving in together, work problems, and now I only have 3 months to loose all the weight I want! Start now! And do not (I repeat) do not let the stress get to you! Go out and run it out!
  • mhauswir18
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! And congrats to you on your engagement! We're lucky we don't have a lot of those pressures. We've lived together for two and a half years now, we're very settled in our jobs, and we are having a 19 month engagement so all the big things are done and settled, now we're just fine tuning the little details. But yes, Diet/Workout starts now. First shower/bach party is in March, so although August is the BIG day, there are several events over the next eight months that will also be important.
  • ShaunShaunphenomenon
    Options
    Hello Deanna,

I'm Shaun and I'm an alcho....oh snap, I mean shoot wrong meeting! haha :) as you can see I'm a pretty easy going person, you can add me and I will absolutely help you be accountable, but also make it fun. We have so many different things that are so much work for you, why should this be another one?

You can feel free to add me, but be aware, I like double entendre's and puns as well as just jokes in general. I'm looking to lose a lot more weight than both of you, probably more than yourself and anyone else who replies combined.

Anyway,
    Add me and for accountability :)
  • CostaRica120
    CostaRica120 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight for my upcoming wedding (no date set but planning Dec 2015....just gotta find a darn venue!). Congrats on the engagement, and I'm totally on board to befriend and support!
  • rhirhi715
    Options
    congratulations on your engagement! im also losing weight for my wedding although mine isnt until june 2016 but i do have a lot to lose!
  • emmadodds44
    emmadodds44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm also planning a wedding and need to lose weight, add me if you want!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm Katie (26) and I'm getting married on July 11, 2015 so just 6 months away. I still have lots of planning to do for it too since I got engaged in December. I'm happy I started watching my diet earlier but I have a few stubborn pounds left to lose.

@CostaRica120 - Once you have your date and venue, you'll feel so much less stress! I know I did.

Let's support each other :) Add me! (I feel like I'm holding my thump and pinky up to my head saying "Call me" right now haha).
  • agh846
    agh846 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm getting married on May 30 and trying to lose 25 lbs by then.. I'm crossing my fingers that MFP and other people on here help me out!