Carb help

Options
Ok, I do not want to do a no carb diet. I just want to watch my carbs very closely. I know to look out for the pasta, bread, etc. But what are some low carb options for meals and snacks. I love grilled chicken, but tired of having to do that every night. Just wanted some ideas

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    The obvious part: the 3 macros are carb, fat and protein. So look for items high in protein and/or fat. Meat, cheese, yogurt, nuts, etc.

If you have no medical reason to avoid carbs though, it seems simpler to keep starchy sides to small portions. Have 2-3 servings of fruit per day, and load up on veggies.
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Or, you can go with "Heathy" carbs, Such as Whole Wheat, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Quino (or however you spell that). The Non-White carbs.

If you want Non-Carb options, Meat, Veggies, Cheese...
  • enigmaneo
    enigmaneo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Load up on butter, cheese and bacon. It tastes better and they don't have many carbs.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hmm...cheese, berries (in limited quantities - I don't know exactly how low-carb you want to go), sugar-free Jell-O (yum), many different types of veggies, eggs, tuna, sour cream, veggie soups, chicken broth (double yum), pepperoni slices, rolled ham or rolled turkey, pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds, nuts.
  • Jimmyftw2
    Options
    I think you can try meat and veggies. Personally I need carb for every meal, it fills me up and I like starchy food like pasta, rice, potato very much. I find if I don't eat carb, I just get hungry and eat more.
  • LEJ2015
    LEJ2015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue not knowing exactly what the right carb count is for me and my goals. After logging my first day meals I'm over by 2 carbs yet I still am under my total calories by like 180 calories! I'm so confused. I felt satisfied all day after eating everything I chose but I'm not hitting the goal for the day. How can I find some lowest carb options so that I can at least hit my calorie count? Thanks in advance (-:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    if it doesn't matter in your head then it really doesn't matter to your fat loss if you eat carbs

if you feel satisfied and are meeting your calories you're fine and don't need to adjust

if your head tells you have to / want to cut carbs then that's just a head thing - do it or don't - it makes no difference to losing fat (just affects water weight)

• MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Eggs are good. So is fish. I was surprised by how much protein is in salmon. There are some decent protein shakes out there too.