need to lose 85 lbs and needing some motivation

Options
Hello everyone, I started MFP back in 2012 but never really got into it. This time I am trying to really focus because I really need to lose weight. My current weight has limited me to a lot of things and I'm ready for a change in my life. I have started to have back pain, and foot pain, which I can only assume is from my weight. I'm starting to feel depressed and I'm trying to do something about this before it gets worst. Any encouragement, advise and motivation is welcomed. Thank you.

Replies

• TJBritton51
    Options
    Hi refined2012! I'll help you. I've been on here for a while, but not really serious until I started a bariatric program. According to my doctor, I am 100 lbs overweight and have a long way to go. I started the program in September and was doing pretty well until November/December. I stopped logging, didn't exercise, etc. I had an appointment on 12/23 which had to be rescheduled to today! At the new year, I decided to get serious. I've logged everyday, exercised most days and am weighing in today. Haven't stepped on a scale since 11/18 so we'll see. Will be glad to be an encourager to you! Just think one day at a time and one small goal at a time. They will all add up! :)
  • msegalrubin
    msegalrubin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck, refined2012 -- this is hard work! I, too, probably need to lose at least 85. I like to exercise, but I don't keep to the discipline of logging as well as I should. We can do this! We owe it to ourselves to keep healthy, both for ourselves and those who love us. Good luck!
  • OlgaGetsFit
    OlgaGetsFit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Please request me! I would love to go with you on this journey. I tried requesting you but it said Error no matter how many times I tried.
  • refined2012
    Options
    Hi refined2012! I'll help you. I've been on here for a while, but not really serious until I started a bariatric program. According to my doctor, I am 100 lbs overweight and have a long way to go. I started the program in September and was doing pretty well until November/December. I stopped logging, didn't exercise, etc. I had an appointment on 12/23 which had to be rescheduled to today! At the new year, I decided to get serious. I've logged everyday, exercised most days and am weighing in today. Haven't stepped on a scale since 11/18 so we'll see. Will be glad to be an encourager to you! Just think one day at a time and one small goal at a time. They will all add up! :)

Thank you for coming along the journey!